mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS Remote Mode interacting with Cubase 10"

Posted on: August 13, 2019 @ 11:33 AM
sj1
Total Posts:  16
Joined  09-28-2012

Hi.

I am currently using Motif XS, KARMA Motif (KMo), and Cubase 10.

I’m observing that with the Motif XS in Remote Mode (as used to make it into a control surface to command KMo) button pushes on the Motif (e.g. PRE 1 button for chord trigger 1) are causing unintended (and un-underdstood) changes in Cubase, such as toggling track monitoring state (PRE 1 button), toggle Solo state (A button), etc.

This is happening with KMo either up or completely shut down.  My Motif Remote Setting is currently ‘Digital Performer’ as is normally the case when interacting with KMo.  I am connected to the PC via FW and the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening and how I can prevent it?  (FWIW, I don’t recall having this issue in Cubase 9.5, but I cannot swear to that.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2019 @ 12:30 PM
sj1
Total Posts:  16
Joined  09-28-2012

I found where I can disconnect and stop this behavior under Studio Setup in Cubase (though I don’t know how this ever got set up connected to begin with).

I’ll leave this here in case it helps someone else.

Image Attachments
Motif XS Remote Cubase Disconnect 01.jpg
  [ Ignore ]