mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Organimation performances"

Posted on: July 29, 2019 @ 05:50 PM
rmerrittmotif
Total Posts:  8
Joined  05-29-2016

After purchasing Organimation for my MOXF8, I loaded as instructed.  The performances are in the user 1 slots, but they are not the rich sounds as played in the video. Can anyone guess what I may be doing wrong?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2019 @ 06:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rmerrittmotif - 29 July 2019 05:50 PM

After purchasing Organimation for my MOXF8, I loaded as instructed.  The performances are in the user 1 slots, but they are not the rich sounds as played in the video. Can anyone guess what I may be doing wrong?

Welcome to the forum.

What audio system are you listening to when playing the video?
What are you using for the MOXF?

By the way, your member profile indicates you have a Motif XF, not a MOXF. If that’s incorrect, please edit it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2019 @ 10:02 AM
rmerrittmotif
Joined  05-29-2016

Thank you for pointing that out. My first Yamaha was a Motif
XF 6.

I am watching the demo video on a laptop with headphones.
I am playing the MOX main outs through JBL monitors.
I am still learning how to navigate all the settings, but I’m certain
I’m on User 1 of the Performance area. I re-loaded the Organimation file making sure I use ALL.
Is there a chance I have the incorrect native file? Or would that
keep any of the voices from appearing?
Thanks for the help anyone:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2019 @ 03:42 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rmerrittmotif - 30 July 2019 10:02 AM

I am watching the demo video on a laptop with headphones.
I am playing the MOX main outs through JBL monitors.

Different sound environments are going to sound different, of course, but there may be other explanations.

rmerrittmotif -

I am still learning how to navigate all the settings,

There are several real time controls that will affect how things sound - those control settings can make a significant difference. The Organimation User Guide explains what they are, but I’d suggest trying them yourself to determine if you can get the sound you’re looking for.

rmerrittmotif -

but I’m certain
I’m on User 1 of the Performance area. I re-loaded the Organimation file making sure I use ALL.

The User Guide covers where the Performances are located, as well as the Voices and Masters.

rmerrittmotif -

Is there a chance I have the incorrect native file? Or would that
keep any of the voices from appearing?

The MOXF will load either a MOX, MOXF or Motif XF file. What’s the full name of the file you’re loading?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2019 @ 05:51 PM
rmerrittmotif
Joined  05-29-2016

I hear what you’re saying, but I paid a lot of work someone has already done,
So they should sound like the demo when played as a Performance. I am seeking help fro
Yamaha Tech Support.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2019 @ 06:30 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rmerrittmotif - 30 July 2019 05:51 PM

I hear what you’re saying, but I paid a lot of work someone has already done,
So they should sound like the demo when played as a Performance. I am seeking help fro
Yamaha Tech Support.

You didn’t answer my question concerning which file you’re loading - but that’s OK, I’m getting used to being ignored here on Motifator.

Demo recordings are typically made under conditions which put the product in the best light. That includes using the available controls to advantage. Yamaha isn’t likely to know how the demo was recorded. Keven Spargo of K-Sounds is much more likely to be able to provide insight.

Good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2019 @ 09:18 PM
rmerrittmotif
Joined  05-29-2016

You didn’t answer my question concerning which file you’re loading - but that’s OK, I’m getting used to being ignored here on Motifator.

The file I loaded is ORG_MOXF.X6A
I’ll give up on trying to make my point about expectations about what
the Performances should sound like and concede that you know more than I
about Yamaha synthesizers. It is my opinion, though, lacking the rich sounds that are demonstrated as being the product, (where we disagree) the product has little value.  The Motif and MOXF keyboards already have some pretty good B-3 sounds.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2019 @ 10:24 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rmerrittmotif - 30 July 2019 09:18 PM

The file I loaded is ORG_MOXF.X6A

Since you indicated that you loaded the file as “All”, that should have been sufficient to have the correct Voices, Performances, etc.

rmerrittmotif -

I’ll give up on trying to make my point about expectations about what
the Performances should sound like and concede that you know more than I
about Yamaha synthesizers.

It isn’t a matter of what I know about Yamaha synths. The issue is how the demo was created, and whether using the available controls as programmed will allow you to duplicate or come close to the sound heard in the demo.

rmerrittmotif -

It is my opinion, though, lacking the rich sounds that are demonstrated as being the product, (where we disagree) the product has little value.  The Motif and MOXF keyboards already have some pretty good B-3 sounds.

Unfortunately, the term “rich” doesn’t pin down what it is you find lacking. I’m not trying to defend the product, since I have no connection with the author or sellers. However, I do know (at least on the XF version) that the ASSIGN 1 and ASSIGN 2 knobs, the ASSIGNABLE FUNCTION 1 and 2 buttons, and the MASTER EFFECT button can substantially affect the sound, in manners you might refer to as richness.

If you still can’t find settings that meet your expectations, you might want to contact Keven Spargo and see if he can assist you: https://ksounds.com/contact/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2019 @ 04:30 PM
rmerrittmotif
Joined  05-29-2016

Thanks 5PinDIN. Keven said much the same thing , so problem solved.
No to install Vintage Keys.......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2019 @ 06:12 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rmerrittmotif - 01 August 2019 04:30 PM

Thanks 5PinDIN. Keven said much the same thing , so problem solved.
No to install Vintage Keys.......

You’re welcome. I’m glad that Keven was able to address your concerns.

[ Ignore ]