mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AIEB2 optical out and Focusrite Scarlet 18i20"

Posted on: June 20, 2019 @ 01:30 PM
balinas
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-27-2017

Hello,
I just got a Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 for input and output to my computer and DAW. My Motif6 Classic has an AIEB2 board.  I can easily get the
S/P DIF output on the AIEB2 to connect to the S/P DIF on the 18i20.  And I can route successfully to get a good signal into StudioOne4.

However, I cannot seem to get the optical output on the AIEB2 board to show any signal into the 18i20 optical input.  The 18i20 optical ADAT can be configured to up to 4 stereo inputs at 44.1 in the Focusite Control software.  I have just configured it for one stereo ADAT input.

So, the DAW is configured for 44.1, 24 bit recording, and I changed the digital ouput on the AIEB2 to 24 bit. 

So any ideas as to why I can successfully see a signal with the SP DIF output, but not the optical output on the AIEB2?

Any help is appreciated!

cheers,
Bart

WIN10 1903, StudioOne4, focusrite 18i20, Motif6 classic

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2019 @ 02:29 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

As far as I know, the optical output on the AIEB2 is S/PDIF (just like the RCA coaxial), not ADAT format.

If the 18i20 ADAT input can be reconfigured for S/PDIF, that should work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2019 @ 03:29 PM
balinas
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-27-2017
5pinDIN - 20 June 2019 02:29 PM

As far as I know, the optical output on the AIEB2 is S/PDIF (just like the RCA coaxial), not ADAT format.

If the 18i20 ADAT input can be reconfigured for S/PDIF, that should work.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Your answer explains why the optical outs on the Motif aren’t compatible with the ADAT optical inputs on the Scarlet. Different formats. As far as I can tell, the optical ADAT input on the 18i20 cannot be reconfigured to S/PDIF.

But all is good. I can still use the native S/PDIF out on the Motif6 to run to the native S/PDIF on the 18i20. That works well. And, this exercise prompted me to finally change the battery on the Motif today! And I can now rest assured the Motif6 should continue for at least another 15 years.

Thanks again for your clear response.

Cheers

Bart

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Daisy-chain a MOTIF6 to a computer.
Next Topic:

FC7 Foot controller issues ››