mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Reassign Tempo to a slider or jog wheel for precision adjustment?"

Posted on: June 08, 2019 @ 09:51 AM
keyman@usa.net
Total Posts:  77
Joined  07-28-2006

Greetings Forum!

I have sliced a wav file with the intent of changing the tempo during a gig. Tempo is assigned to assignable know 8.
I would like to assign that function to a slider etc. in order to have more granular control as I dial in a specific tempo. The tempo needed can change from gig to gig.
I tried the search but I may not have used the correct words in order to find any previous posts on this.

Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2019 @ 09:32 AM
keyman@usa.net
Joined  07-28-2006
keyman@usa.net - 08 June 2019 09:51 AM

Greetings Forum!

I have sliced a wav file with the intent of changing the tempo during a gig. Tempo is assigned to assignable know 8.
I would like to assign that function to a slider etc. in order to have more granular control as I dial in a specific tempo. The tempo needed can change from gig to gig.
I tried the search but I may not have used the correct words in order to find any previous posts on this.

Thx

I should clarify: I have the Song assigned to a Master; using Master Mode, Tempo is assigned to knob 8. I have Zones activated. So in Master Mode I’d like to assign Tempo to a slider for more granular control.

Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2019 @ 11:47 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Assignment of Parameters to a Control Slider is limited. In a zoned Master, Knob/Slider assignment can be made to various CC numbers per Zone, but unfortunately Tempo isn’t controllable by CC.

I presume that by “more granular” you’re wanting a finer control than the TEMPO knob provides via ARP FX [SELECTED PART CONTROL]. If so, very fine control can be accessed. After selecting the Master, press [SONG] and highlight the Tempo field (quarter note symbol). The Data Dial and [DEC]/[INC] buttons will adjust the value, as will [+]/[-] keys on a connected USB ASCII keyboard.

I hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 18, 2019 @ 10:35 AM
keyman@usa.net
Joined  07-28-2006
5pinDIN - 16 June 2019 11:47 AM

Assignment of Parameters to a Control Slider is limited. In a zoned Master, Knob/Slider assignment can be made to various CC numbers per Zone, but unfortunately Tempo isn’t controllable by CC.

I presume that by “more granular” you’re wanting a finer control than the TEMPO knob provides via ARP FX [SELECTED PART CONTROL]. If so, very fine control can be accessed. After selecting the Master, press [SONG] and highlight the Tempo field (quarter note symbol). The Data Dial and [DEC]/[INC] buttons will adjust the value, as will [+]/[-] keys on a connected USB ASCII keyboard.

I hope that helps.

Yes that’s exactly what I meant, finer control.  I have assigned voices to different channels and zones. When returning to Song mode from Master mode the Loop can be playing in Track 1[Midi channel 1] and another Track can be played [and anything assigned to the other track’s midi channel]. That Works!

[I was hoping to do something in Master Mode which would allow playing more than one Zone to sound [e.g. 1 voice/midi channel] simultaneously. I have have the Zones assigned to distinct midi channels. I often use five or more voices this way in a Song via Master mode for Performance Control.]

All Good! That Works!

Thanks 5pinDIN!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 18, 2019 @ 12:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

If you need to return to Master mode after adjusting Tempo in Song mode, that can be done. However, it would require that the edited Song first be STOREd - obviously, the changed Tempo then becomes the new value for the Song and the associated Master. Depending on your usage, that may or may not be practical.

[ Ignore ]