mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "studio manager editor will not sync"

Posted on: March 09, 2019 @ 08:10 PM
davem96792
Total Posts:  33
Joined  09-06-2010

Hi,
I could use your input. studio manager editor, windows 10, focusrite saffire, and motif XF.  When I try to sync the field is grayed out and I get the sync error.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2019 @ 09:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Are you running any Yamaha gear (other than the XF) that requires Studio Manager? I don’t know if the Studio Manager version of the Editor is compatible with Windows 10. You might consider the MOTIF XF Editor Standalone/VST V1.6.8 for Win (https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/motif_xf_editor_standalone_vst_win.html), which supports Win 10, but if you’re using Cubase compatibility depends on the version. This Editor can be run standalone (outside of Cubase) if necessary.

An earlier version, MOTIF XF Editor Standalone/VST V1.6.4 for Win (https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/motif_xf_editor_standalone_vst_win_V1.6.4.html), is compatible with Cubase 7 and 8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2019 @ 01:40 AM
davem96792
Joined  09-06-2010

I only have the motif xf I downloaded the editor and do not get the sync error now I get a timeout error. Thank you for your help I do all my songs with the internal sequencer now I am trying to record vocals and I am attempting to use the Daw realband have any thoughts? 
Aloha and Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2019 @ 06:29 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
davem96792 - 11 March 2019 01:40 AM

I only have the motif xf I downloaded the editor and do not get the sync error now I get a timeout error.

“Time Out” errors indicate that MIDI communication can’t be established between the XF and computer. Typically that’s due to problems with port settings.

If you’re attempting to run the Editor as VST with Cubase, I suggest that you first get it to run properly standalone.

1) How is the XF connected - USB or FireWire? Make sure the setting in Utility mode is correct…
[UTILITY] > [F5](Control) > [SF2](MIDI) > MIDI In/Out = USB or FW
...and STORE the setting.

2) Make sure the corresponding Data Port setting in the Editor has been selected - FW/1394 or USB.

3) If USB, turn “Detail” on, and tell us what the MIDI In and MIDI Out settings are for Port 1 and Port 4.

4) How far does the Synchronizing bar progress before the Time Out error is displayed?

davem96792 -

Thank you for your help

You’re welcome.

davem96792 -

I do all my songs with the internal sequencer now I am trying to record vocals and I am attempting to use the Daw realband have any thoughts? 
Aloha and Thank you

Sorry, I’m not familiar with RealBand beyond the name.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2019 @ 01:26 PM
davem96792
Joined  09-06-2010

The interface was set to midi changed that and it works now. This site is a blessing

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2019 @ 06:54 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Warm/humid “salt air” definitely can cause corrosion issues. I’m glad you got the XF functional and the Editor running.

[ Ignore ]