mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to Install A Few Voices Out of An Entire Library"

Posted on: March 03, 2019 @ 05:36 PM
JacobZ06
Total Posts:  24
Joined  02-13-2019

Is there a straight forward approach to “cherry picking” a few selected voices from an “ALL” Voice Library and storing them by replacing some rarely used voices in the factory supplied User1-User4 banks?  I want to end up retaining most factory voices after installing a small selection of new voices.  Can this be done with Motif XF Editor stand alone to create a revised voices file for later loading into the XF, or is this best done on the XF itself?

Thanks for your help.

Jacob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2019 @ 06:23 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You can certainly load individual Voices from an “All” file into any of the User Voice locations. That could be done either directly on the XF or in combination with the Yamaha XF Editor.

You could also load an entire 128-Voice bank from a library into any of User 2/3/4 banks without losing any factory Voices, using load Type “1 bank voice”. When a Motif XF is new or after a factory reset, only the Voices in the User 1 bank are unique - the remaining User 2/3/4 Voice banks hold copies of various Preset Voices (from PRE1~PRE8).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2019 @ 09:31 PM
JacobZ06
Joined  02-13-2019

Much appreciated.  In the FILE section, there doesn’t appear to be a way to change the User Bank, once you have selected which 1 bank voice set to load.  But I will try a factory reset and go at it again.  I don’t want to lose the User 1 bank factory voices, especially the nice acoustic S6 voices.  I want to load the new voices which are tagged as User 1 bank into User 4 bank.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2019 @ 10:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
JacobZ06 - 03 March 2019 09:31 PM

Much appreciated.

No problem.

JacobZ06 -

In the FILE section, there doesn’t appear to be a way to change the User Bank, once you have selected which 1 bank voice set to load.  But I will try a factory reset and go at it again.  I don’t want to lose the User 1 bank factory voices, especially the nice acoustic S6 voices.  I want to load the new voices which are tagged as User 1 bank into User 4 bank.

See Loading a specific Voice or all the Voices of a specific Bank from an “all” or “all voice” file on pages 243-244 of the XF Reference Manual. If you follow that procedure you’ll be able to set both the destination and source banks.

Unfortunately, the call-out numbers appear to have been omitted from the screen diagram. For Step 3, (5) the Destination “Bank” setting is directly below the “Type” line on the display - in your case, that should be set to USR 4.

Source Bank selection can be made after highlighting the file by pressing [ENTER] (see Step 5). The display should indicate…
USR 1
USR 2
USR 3
USR 4
UDR
... just highlight USR 1 in your case.
Once that’s done, you can complete the loading procedure.

I hope that clarifies things.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2019 @ 07:08 PM
JacobZ06
Joined  02-13-2019

Many thanks 5pinDIN.  It worked.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2019 @ 01:26 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
JacobZ06 - 04 March 2019 07:08 PM

Many thanks 5pinDIN.  It worked.

You’re welcome.

By the way, if you’re working in Song or Pattern mode, up to 16 additional Voices can be stored per Mixing:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_the_mix_voice

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice with arp or performance to song?
Next Topic:

usb wav song file import to song ››