mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Master Program change via SYSEX"

Posted on: March 02, 2019 @ 02:14 PM
simonpearce
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-30-2013

I can hear you groaning… ‘not that old chestnut!’

Please help…

Hello…

(Total newbie - to this forum, Mainstage and using an XF live in a theatre pit!!!

But I so want to.

Please, please, please can someone show me how to enter the Parameter Change sysex for the Motif Master Mode from Logic Pro?

I have been at it for days and I’m just getting to the stage of giving up and losing the money - I didn’t think a) I was that dumb or b) it was that complicated.

Scenario:

Hammer 88 controlling Mainstage via USB. 

Foot switch attached to Hammer 88 for patch advance - works OK.

Firewire to Edirol FA66 sound card with midi out to Motif XF. Works

I can, using MS, get sounds where I need them with patches balanced for volume nicely. 

I just need a way to change the Master Program so I can pick up the next set of voices on the XF!!!

Mainstage suggests that I can send sysex in a midi file.  Logic suggests I can input a sysex string manually.

This string…

F0 43 10 7F 12 0A 00 00 dd F7
dd = 00~7F hex (0~127, 1~128 Master number)

... is the one I believe I need however I’ve tried every which way to get the bugger into Logic!

I am now really begging :)

All help very gratefully received.

Much love

Simon

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2019 @ 03:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Since I was the one who originally posted the SysEx information here…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457647/
--- and here ---
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478810
...I can assure you sending it to an XF (configured as device #1 or “all") will cause the Master number to change to whatever the “dd” byte is set to, as long as the XF’s MIDI setup is correct and it’s already in Master mode.

I don’t use Logic, so all I can suggest is that you make sure some Project setting isn’t preventing SysEx from being sent. Otherwise, hopefully a Motifator member who does use Logic will assist you.

Or perhaps http://www.google.com/search?q=send+sysex+logic+pro

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2019 @ 10:38 AM
simonpearce
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-30-2013

Thanks 5pinDIN,

It’s amazing how perseverance can win out in the end.  I read and re read your posts on the topic… seemingly to no avail.

The light bulb moment was actually looking at the SYSEX bytes I was entering in the Logic event list and counting them.  If you put too many in then it’s most likely NOT to work. :-)

All is working well and I pleased to say that my programming for the show is progressing excellently!

Thanks

Simon

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2019 @ 12:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome. Indeed, SysEx is unforgiving.  :-)

I’m glad you were able to find the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FW
Next Topic:

Edited voice in song mode ››