mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Police Siren patch for MOXF8"

Posted on: February 24, 2019 @ 11:47 PM
junebug22
Total Posts:  15
Joined  03-14-2008

Hello My Motifator Family, I just recently bought a new MOXF8 88 keyboard to use for gigging. I went though all the voices and noticed there is not a “Police Siren” in the special effects bank voice. I used to have one my Motif 8 (2001 Flagship Model),I cant remember where I purchased different effects ie animal sounds, airplane take offs ect.., cars screeching off, explosions, but with this keyboard,I sill haven’t found a website to purchase special effect downloads compatible to download into my keyboard. My band “The Final Resultz” out of OC California play a song called “No Parking on the Dance Floor"by Midnight Star, its one of our best jams that get everyone dancing. A police siren and helicopter intro the song, so If anyone has a recommendation on where to purchase special sound effects for this particular keyboard, or if anyone out there can point me in the direction I would greatly appreciated it and or purchase the download however possible!! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and please Play Live and take the music to the people!!

Thank you

William “JuneBug” Bryant
Band Leader
The Final Resultz

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2019 @ 01:12 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Do you have an optional Flash Memory board?

If so, you will be able to import FREE web-based .wav sound effects like These.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2019 @ 02:21 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

Preset Drum Kit 64 - SFX Kit
A#5 - Police??
I thought they all had the basic GM SFX sounds?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2019 @ 02:32 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

What cmayhle suggested would certainly work. However, the MOXF has sounds which may be acceptable.

Waveform 1736 in the MOXF is “Police”. It’s used in four Drum Kits.
The most likely to be what you want are…
C6 in PDR11 Hip Hop Kit 2
A5 in PDR32 Break Kit

The following two change the tuning, the second significantly…
D#5 in PDR50 Wacko Kit
A#5 in PDR64 SFX Kit

-----------

Helicopter is Waveform 1739, used in GM Voice 126(H14).

It’s also found in two Drum Kits, but probably not programmed to fit what you need…
D5 PDR37 Human Kit
A#2 PDR51 Wood Bits Kit

-----------

If you don’t already have the MOXF Data List, I suggest that you download it. That’s how I found the above information. I then listened to them on my Motif XF to determine how they sounded.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2019 @ 05:06 PM
junebug22
Total Posts:  15
Joined  03-14-2008

Hello My Motifator Family, very sorry for the late reply. Thank you all for your input, I found a few sound effects websites that had some waveforms I needed. Trying to get them into keyboard MOXF8 has been a very hard challenge, I looked on Yamaha Synth FAQ and found some users having the same issue. Found out the video on YouTube was somewhat correct but was missing some important steps to get the waveform to play. I will keep working at it, and getting to know this keyboard a little better. Thanks again!!

William

[ Ignore ]