mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New to the MOX8 and live gigs - how do you set up your set lists?"

Posted on: February 15, 2019 @ 02:56 PM
cwrighta70
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-15-2019

Hi, everyone!  So I’ve played piano and keys for about 25 years, but mostly amateur stuff like playing for my church’s worship team.  I was recently asked to play keys in a cover band, and being without a keyboard/synth, I went out and picked up a MOX8.  This thing has so many features it’s making my head spin!

My biggest question is this: I have a set list of about 40 songs I need to prepare and I’m wondering how to best setup this keyboard.  I’d like to have all of the songs with their required voices setup so that I can just cycle through each song.  Some of the songs may just need piano, while others require me to switch through multiple sounds and splits.

One thing I’ve noticed - when in Master or Performance mode, voices don’t seem to sustain when you switch to a different voice.  Is there a way to change this?

Anyway, any recommendations you can give would be greatly appreciated!  I’m super excited about the potential of this board, but going from an upright piano it’s a bit overwhelming.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2019 @ 03:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

The way to get a seamless transition between sounds is with a Song or Pattern Mixing. In those modes up to 16 individual Voices, or fewer splits/layers, can be accessed per Mixing.

This support article should help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_mixing_program_to_organize_your_live_setup

If you have specific questions after reading the article, just ask.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2019 @ 03:43 PM
cwrighta70
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-15-2019

Thank you, 5pinDIN.  Very helpful info!  I’ve already started putting the set list into songs, and I’ve ever figured out how to create splits and layers in SONG mode.  I certainly wish you weren’t limited to 10 characters in the song title! 🙄

Do you know if it’s possible to re-order songs once you get then stored?  For instance, say we move Rosanna from #5 to #10 in the set.  Is there an easy way to change the order on the MOX8?

Thanks again for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2019 @ 03:59 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
cwrighta70 - 16 February 2019 03:43 PM

Do you know if it’s possible to re-order songs once you get then stored?  For instance, say we move Rosanna from #5 to #10 in the set.  Is there an easy way to change the order on the MOX8?....

While you can certainly do re-ordering on the MOX itself, “easy” may be judged differently by different users.

IMO, the easier and more elegant way to do that task...along with many other housekeeping chores...would be to use the John Melas Total Librarian. Or, even better, get his Complete Pack of tools for your MOX.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ where can I download drivers for mac?
Next Topic:

Effects /arp missing - voice. ››