mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ARP on after power up"

Posted on: March 19, 2016 @ 01:40 AM
wgwmoxf8
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-18-2014

For some reason the arp is on now when I boot up.  I turn it off but it comes back on when I power it back up.  I’m guessing something got changed and saved in the first voice.  Is there a way to change it back?

Thanks,

WGW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2016 @ 04:50 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Whether Arps are turned on or not at power-on is determined by the Program that’s selected. If you want to change that, see PowerOnMode information on page 58 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual and/or page 142 of the Reference Manual. If you choose USR1, you could edit the Voice to turn Arps off for that Voice.

By the way, once the MOXF is powered on, Arp on/off status should change with the Program you select.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2016 @ 06:09 PM
wgwmoxf8
Joined  01-18-2014

Thanks!  I checked that and I’m loading PRE1 by default.  It’s odd that when when I boot, it comes up in PRE1 (A01), but the ARP is on and I have the [E] icon on the screen.  If I remember right the [E] icon means something has been edited and needs to be saved?  Yet I get this on boot before I even touch anything.  Not sure how that is possible.

Thanks,

WGW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2016 @ 07:19 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
wgwmoxf8 - 20 March 2016 06:09 PM

Thanks!  I checked that and I’m loading PRE1 by default.  It’s odd that when when I boot, it comes up in PRE1 (A01), but the ARP is on and I have the [E] icon on the screen.  If I remember right the [E] icon means something has been edited and needs to be saved?  Yet I get this on boot before I even touch anything.  Not sure how that is possible.

The “E” indicates that something has caused there to be data in the Edit buffer, and that it hasn’t as yet been stored. That data doesn’t necessarily have to originate in the MOXF - bulk data via MIDI can be the source.

Do you have your MOXF connected via MIDI (USB or 5-pin)? If so, try disconnecting it and see if what you described still happens when booting. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2016 @ 07:38 PM
wgwmoxf8
Joined  01-18-2014

Thanks 5pindin.  I do have USB connected to my PC.  I disconnected it and booted up.  Same thing happened.  Tried it a couple of times, even pulled the power cable and tried again.  Kept getting the ARP on and the [E].  I finally got it to boot normally by disconnecting my FC7 volume pedal.  Apparently I had it plugged into the assignable foot switch jack versus the foot controller jack.  Doh!  Plugged it into the foot controller jack and life is good again.

Thanks again.  Without your suggestion, I would have be spinning knobs and pushing buttons in vain for a really long time.  Thought I was losing my mind.  :)

WGW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2016 @ 08:16 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Congrats on finding the problem. I had a feeling that it was caused by something external to the MOXF, but connected to it. However, I didn’t anticipate that a pedal could be the culprit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2019 @ 05:37 PM
marks
Total Posts:  11
Joined  06-18-2018

Thank you thank you thank you!

I was having this same problem and was racking my brains to figure it out. It was EXACTLY the same problem as you described.

I had my FC7 plugged into my assignable. This caused ARP to be on on start up, without fail.

THANK YOU AGAIN! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ (Solved) Replacing FX knob on MOXF8
Next Topic:

Keyboard driving me insane! ››