mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Change Time signature in Cubase ***Solved***"

Posted on: December 05, 2018 @ 09:57 PM
Ed S
Total Posts:  40
Joined  02-16-2018

Hi everyone,

I’d like to change my Time signature within a song from 4/4 to 2/4 (insert only one 2/4 bar) and then change it back to 4/4.

Searching on Youtube and the forum it seems really simple. The problem I’m having is that I can change the signature to 2/4 but I can’t seem to create a second signature change back to 4/4 again.

The signature point (or marker) simply moves to the location I need the new change to be. The count should be like this:

1,2,3,4 (Feeling like a drill-instructor at this moment).

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Ed S

Image Attachments
ScreenHunter_001.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2018 @ 03:24 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

On train so can’t check, but maybe this will do the trick?
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109743

I didn’t even know there’s a signature track!? Hahaha

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2018 @ 02:16 PM
zpink
Joined  08-02-2014

Finally got around to check it, Cubase Elements 9.5 here.
Couldn’t find any dedicated signature track, but just right-clicking on the signature bar in the tempo track and pick the pen will allow you to insert multiple signature changes, see attached.

Image Attachments
tempo.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2018 @ 09:38 PM
Ed S
Joined  02-16-2018

Hi zpink,

(Sorry for the late response but I didn’t get an e-mail notification).

I must be overlooking something. Looking at your screenshot it shows exactly what I’m trying to achieve.
Only thing is, when I insert a third signature-change it erases the previous one.
I also tried to follow the “simple” steps in this Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWlmoc2rHdw

But when I right-click I don’t have the choice to select “tempo-track”. Only when I select ctrl+T Cubase opens a Tempo-track window. But I can only add one single change since a second change deletes the previous one.

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Ed

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2018 @ 10:01 PM
Ed S
Joined  02-16-2018

***Solved*** Thanks to zpink ;-)

I couldn’t change the time-signature because I seem to be missing the normal way to add a Tempo-track.

When I used Ctrl+T the Tempo-track screen appeared but I still couldn’t change the time-signature (More then once). Also I miss the selection bar at the bottom of this screen.

When I point to the signature bar (see image)I now can add and change the signature by right clicking and choose “draw” or Pen like zpink already showed.

Ed

P.s. I can’t (don’t know how to) change the topic line to be marked as ***solved***

Not my most intelligent post in this forum, sorry about that :-(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2018 @ 11:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Ed S - 15 December 2018 10:01 PM

P.s. I can’t (don’t know how to) change the topic line to be marked as ***solved***

Click on [ Edit ] at one of your posts in the thread, then edit the topic found in the box near the top of the screen.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2018 @ 10:30 AM
zpink
Joined  08-02-2014

My turn to be a bit slow now, work, family and this xmas thingy all craving some attention. ;-)

Glad it worked out for you, even though I can’t actually open the last image you posted.
I suspect that the initial problem was that your signature change was in the ‘tempo lane’ and not the ‘signature lane’ at the top? :-)
I think we can safely assume that Steinberg don’t call them lanes, but I guess you’ll get what I mean? hahaha

Cheerio
zpink

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2018 @ 12:09 PM
Ed S
Joined  02-16-2018

@ 5pinDIN

I tried this but the Topic-Header line is empty (blank). I also copied and pasted the original Header and added ***solved*** but this also didn’t change the topic line.
It’s not that important but this could help others who encounter the same problem.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a musical 2019 ;-)

Ed

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2018 @ 12:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Ed S - 18 December 2018 12:09 PM

@ 5pinDIN

I tried this but the Topic-Header line is empty (blank). I also copied and pasted the original Header and added ***solved*** but this also didn’t change the topic line.
It’s not that important but this could help others who encounter the same problem.

Sorry, apparently editing the topic can only be done if you click [ Edit ] at your first post in the thread. I’ve verified that works.

Ed S -

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a musical 2019 ;-)

Ed

Happy Holidays to you and all the other Motifator members.

[ Ignore ]