mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moxf didn’t recognize midi panic signal"

Posted on: November 02, 2018 @ 09:14 PM
Robyone93
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-02-2018

Hi everyone!
I’m a new member of the community and I hope that I’m not violating some of the rules of the community. I’ve searched on the site with the search button about this arguments but I didn’t found any post about it.
I have an issue with my moxf6. I’m controlling moxf with a master keytar (alesis vortex wireless 2). I’m trying to send a midi panic signal from the alesis vortex to the moxf with no success at the moment.
I noticed that in voice mode the signal is received and works correctly stopping all the sounds from the moxf. In song mode if I use more than a voice layered on a single channel the signal doesn’t work.
Obviously I’ve controlled that no midi filter were present on the moxf.
Somebody have been stuck in the same problem? How can I solve this problem?
Thanks and forgive me for my bad English!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2018 @ 11:43 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

There are two MIDI Channel Mode messages that are often referred to as “MIDI Panic”, “All Sound Off"/CC#120(78h) and “All Notes Off"/CC#123(7Bh). A Channel Mode message is sent on one channel, so the Alesis would have to send a separate message on each of the 16 channels to ensure all sounds were muted.

In addition, while the synthesizer section of the MOXF will respond to both “All Sound Off” and “All Notes Off”, the MOXF sequencer responds only to “All Sound Off”, not “All Notes Off”.

You might want to determine which of the Channel Mode messages the Alesis unit sends in Panic mode, and on how many channels.

See Pages 121, 122, 146, and 147 of the MOXF Data List (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60483) for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2018 @ 06:14 PM
Robyone93
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-02-2018

Awesome!!! Trans a lot 5pinDIN !! You solved my problem!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Factory Orch voices question
Next Topic:

Do "Voice" EQ settings apply in "Performance" Mode? ››