mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master Mode - Volume problem"

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 07:33 AM
Wolfgang T.
Total Posts:  74
Joined  11-07-2013

By using the zone mode in the master mode, the volume is jumping always to the value of 100 by touching the corresponding Zone-Volume knob.

Is there any possibility that the volume starts with this value which is deposit or saved in the corresponding zone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 09:37 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yes. See [F4] PRESET, Volume, on page 131 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 04:04 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Thank you for fast your fast reply, but I put already the volume in F4 preset on “0”, but by touching the corresponding zone Volume its jumping the value to 100.

SORRY to put the question again:

s there any possibility that the volume starts with this value which is deposit or saved in the corresponding zone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 04:39 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Did you read and follow the NOTE in the manual section I referenced?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 12:43 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

As I read the manual and the note for F4 Preset:

1. I switched the function „send“ on:

Result: No Result on the above mentioned topic, Volume is still jumping to value 100 by turning the knob.

2. I switched the function „send“ off:

Result: Also no Result on the above mentioned topic, Volume is still jumping to value 100 by turning the knob.

Conclusion: There must is a default value of 100 for volume from where the knob start to work.

Note: In the performens mode it is not like this, the volume knob starts working from this value which is manually saved for the voice!

Qu.: Is there any solution for it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 08:01 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wolfgang T. - 08 October 2018 12:43 AM

As I read the manual and the note for F4 Preset:

1. I switched the function „send“ on:

Result: No Result on the above mentioned topic, Volume is still jumping to value 100 by turning the knob.

In order for this to work correctly, SEND must be on before a Parameter is edited. Turning SEND on after you edit a value doesn’t properly update the value.

To keep the edited value, the Master has to be STORED.

Wolfgang T. -

2. I switched the function „send“ off:

Result: Also no Result on the above mentioned topic, Volume is still jumping to value 10p by turning the knob.

Qu: Maybe I did not understand the manual properly!?

When SEND is off, edit of the Volume Parameter will only become effective after the Master is STORED and then the Master is reselected. That means you have to choose another Program (Master or otherwise) and then go back to the Master you want.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 09:56 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Unfortunatly this solve not my problem, because if I play life, it does not matter if SEND is on or of, but if I turn the knob, it starts always with value 100....!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 10:32 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wolfgang T. - 08 October 2018 09:56 AM

Unfortunatly this solve not my problem, because if I play life, it does not matter if SEND is on or of, but if I turn the knob, it starts always with value 100....!

After you edit the Volume setting to 0(zero), and STORE the Master, and choose another Master, and return to the Master you’re working with, what value is Volume set to for the Zone you edited (looking at [F4]Preset)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 10:50 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

If I do like you have written, put the value on zero, store it, change the master and go return to the last master, the value of the zone is still zero.

Put this is not the point what I asking for. The point is if I change the volume on the knob, it jumb always first to value of 100.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 12:53 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wolfgang T. - 08 October 2018 10:50 AM

If I do like you have written, put the value on zero, store it, change the master and go return to the last master, the value of the zone is still zero.

OK, at least the Volume value is being stored correctly.

Wolfgang T. -

Put this is not the point what I asking for. The point is if I change the volume on the knob, it jumb always first to value of 100.

Sorry, but apparently the MOXF has a limitation that the Motif models don’t have. On my Motif XS and XF, if I set the Zone switch on, the Knob/Slider Control Assign to “zone”, edit and STORE Zone Preset Volume to “0”, then with the slider for that Zone initially all the way down, when I move the slider the Volume doesn’t jump. It will start at zero and smoothly increase to a maximum of 127.

I realize that the MOXF doesn’t have sliders. It seems that the MOXF OS is programmed so that a minor change in the position of a rotary encoder doesn’t start the Volume at the Preset value stored for the Zone.

I don’t know if the OS version would have any effect, but you might want to verify that your MOXF has the most recent, which is 1.12.

I also suggest that you contact Yamaha Support in your country and see if they have other suggestions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 01:17 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Thank you for your effort and reply…

Yes I have the latet update 1.12, so I will most probably contact Yamaha in my Country.

THX and many greeting from Austria !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2018 @ 10:13 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

As adviced, I contact Yamaha Support in Germany and got the answere, that the volume of the knob in the Master Mode will be not saved, therefore the fix default value of 100 is always determining.

[ Ignore ]