mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S70XS Zone faders and knobs appear to not transmit MIDI"

Posted on: August 29, 2018 @ 03:41 AM
CraigDenham
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-06-2014

Comment: Hi There

I used to own an original Motif 7. Now I have an old s70 XS but in excellent condition. I live half in New Zealand and half in the Czech Republic and have sets of gear in each hemisphere. I know the S70 XS is quite old now but its still a great keyboard. I’ve been looking at the old forums but cant find an answer to my question. Please direct me to the relevant post if I missed something. Newbie to the forum here. I’m using my s70 with logic and wanting to control various parameters of my Kontakt instruments within Logic. Specifically I want to use the zone faders, the assignable function keys and the 4 knobs (in addition to the obvious sus ped, mod wheel and bitch bend). I notice in these software instruments that only midi from the 1st zone fader is being received. Its the same with the knobs. Only the 1st knob seems to be transmitting MIDI. I’ve tried getting into remote mode and tried Master mode but cant seem to do anything about this. Is there a solution? Its really not that great a controller if I can’t assign these things to useful functions. Please help. Thanks, Craig.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2018 @ 08:25 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Slider and knob functionality varies with mode. See (10) Sliders on page 11 of the Owner’s Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/9603).

For Remote mode operation, see pages 38-39 of the Owner’s Manual, and page 143 of the Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/9610). There’s a Remote setting for LogicPro.

If you still have problems…
I suggest that you install a MIDI Monitor program on your computer. Your member profile indicates that you’re running Mac OSX. A Google search on “midi monitor mac os x” (without the quotation marks) should turn up something appropriate.

Once you have the program installed, try operating the sliders and knobs in Remote or other modes, and make note of the MIDI messages that are sent. Once you do, you should be able to determine what might be necessary for proper operation with your DAW.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90es midi control question
Next Topic:

searching sound of Barrel Organ for S90 ››