mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how to audition arpeggios on the mofx8"

Posted on: August 09, 2018 @ 11:07 PM
tradivoro
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12-16-2003

Hi there, I’ve done research on this topic and there’s a lot of information about creating your own arpeggios, but no information on how to listen to the arpeggios that come with the mofx. 

If you look at the data catalog, there are 1000s of arpeggios listed there.  What I’m trying to do is audition them individually to find out stuff I can use.

Unfortunately, this is the part where I haven’t been able to find info.  How can I go through the arpeggio list and audition the different arpeggios in that arpeggio list.  I’m attaching a screen grab of the arpeggio list below. Any info appreciated, thanks.

Image Attachments
arpeggio list.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2018 @ 09:10 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Here’s one approach you might try…

1) Select a blank/initialized Song
2) Press [MIXING] > [EDIT] > [1] (to edit Part 1)
3) Press [F1]VOICE > [SF1]VOICE
4) Set P.WithVce (Parameter with Voice) on
5) STORE the Song Mixing
6) Press [SONG] (select Song mode - verify the blank Song is selected)
7) Press [ARP ON/OFF] (turn Arps on)
8) Press [ARP EDIT] (enter Arp edit mode)
9) Press [F3]MAIN
10) Set Switch (Arpeggio Switch) on
11) Set Hold (Arpeggio Hold) on
12) Set VoiceWithARP (Voice with Arpeggio) on
13) Press [F2]TYPE
14) Select the Arp you want to audition
15) Press a key or keys
16) Repeat step 14

Step 11 is optional - it determines whether keys need to be held down to hear the entire Arp. Step 12 ensures that a Voice appropriate for the Arp Type is selected - other Voices could be chosen, if desired. Arp looping can be turned on/off via the [F5]PLAY FX Loop setting.

Since I don’t own a MOXF, and my XS and XF screen displays and button selections differ, the above procedure is based on what could be determined from the MOXF Reference Manual. Hopefully it’s accurate, but if any steps don’t seem to work correctly, please post.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2018 @ 09:30 AM
tradivoro
Joined  12-16-2003

Thanks 5pin, I’ll definitely try that.  I’ll let you know if I run into any snags.  I just feel that since somebody took the time to program all those arpeggios, there’s gotta be some gems in there. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2018 @ 05:33 PM
tradivoro
Joined  12-16-2003

Hi 5pin, I finally got around to testing this, since I’ve been involved with another project.  It worked great, thanks very much.  The only thing that’s different, and this is because it’s a MOXF, is that in step 3, instead of F1 for voice and then SF1voice, you need to only press F2 for voice.  Everything else is exactly the same.

Step 11 I would say is not optional because it’s the only way you’re going to hear the animated arpeggios.

I want to also add that this will work in pattern mode as well. You can select pattern and follow the instructions the same. 

And surprise, surprise, there’s a lot of great stuff in there that you can use to create rhythm sections of your own. :)

For those of you that haven’t explored the individual arpeggios in the MOXF, I would strongly suggest check this out, because you’re going to find a lot of great music in there.

Thanks again 5pin for all your help and for the step by step tutorial.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2018 @ 06:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
tradivoro - 17 August 2018 05:33 PM

Hi 5pin, I finally got around to testing this, since I’ve been involved with another project.  It worked great, thanks very much.

You’re welcome. Thanks for getting back to us.

tradivoro -

The only thing that’s different, and this is because it’s a MOXF, is that in step 3, instead of F1 for voice and then SF1voice, you need to only press F2 for voice.  Everything else is exactly the same.

The steps I included in the procedure are based on information from the MOXF Reference Manual. If [F2] is pressed after my step 2 (which selects Mixing Edit for Part 1), you’d be selecting [F2]OUTPUT, and Parameter with Voice is not located there.

You could select [F2]VOICE from the Mixing Play display (which is apparently what you did), but make sure that Parameter with Voice is applied to Part 1.

It may be obvious, but I neglected to mention that Part 1 should be selected in the Song Mix when auditioning the Arps, since it’s the Part having Parameter with Voice turned on.

tradivoro -

Step 11 I would say is not optional because it’s the only way you’re going to hear the animated arpeggios.

OK. For some Arp types, especially with chord intelligence, it would probably be best to have Hold on.

tradivoro -

I want to also add that this will work in pattern mode as well. You can select pattern and follow the instructions the same.

True.

tradivoro -

And surprise, surprise, there’s a lot of great stuff in there that you can use to create rhythm sections of your own. :)

For those of you that haven’t explored the individual arpeggios in the MOXF, I would strongly suggest check this out, because you’re going to find a lot of great music in there.

Thanks again 5pin for all your help and for the step by step tutorial.

I’m glad you found it helpful. The Arps are certainly worth exploring.

[ Ignore ]