mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Q: Need help with live keyboard rig with XF as main keyboard"

Posted on: May 10, 2018 @ 07:40 AM
greedo
Total Posts:  48
Joined  11-23-2010

Hello!
I just wonder if my wish is doable with the equipment i have.
I’m using a XF7 as my main keyboard live. I build my song in Song Mode. Most songs have more than 5 voices. So i put one voice on midi channel 1 and another on midi channel 2 and so on (or layer or split voices on same channel). I then put my song in a Master. I really like working that way because i can switch voices seamlessly (only downside, i cant change with pedal).
OK so far this is easy. But i allso have a Sub37, REV2, Strymon (Mobius, Timeline and Bigsky). All MIDI.
Each on different MIDI channels.
So, Can i send program change to all my gig equipment when i switch to different MASTERs and at the same time be able to switch internal voices by using the TRACK 1 - 16?
When i activate ZONES i’m not able to use the TRACK buttons to switch voices, and i see that is impossible.

If this is not doable, what is the best way to do this with PC, iPad or controller?
I have Gig Performer for PC and BandHelper for iPad for instance, and i guess i can do all this with that, but most optimal is just use hardware.

Hope someone can give me some input about this :)

Best Regards
Rolf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 10, 2018 @ 10:40 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
greedo - 10 May 2018 07:40 AM

[...] So, Can i send program change to all my gig equipment when i switch to different MASTERs and at the same time be able to switch internal voices by using the TRACK 1 - 16?
When i activate ZONES i’m not able to use the TRACK buttons to switch voices, and i see that is impossible.[...]

Possible, and easily done…
1) Select a Song-associated Master, Zoned for external gear Bank/PC
2) Press [SONG]
3) Select [1]~[16] as desired, switch as needed
4) When finished, press[MASTER]
5) Go to step 1 until gig is over.

Of course, make sure to disable external keyboard transmit if that will cause unwanted triggering of external devices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 10, 2018 @ 11:31 AM
greedo
Total Posts:  48
Joined  11-23-2010
5pinDIN - 10 May 2018 10:40 AM
greedo - 10 May 2018 07:40 AM

[...] So, Can i send program change to all my gig equipment when i switch to different MASTERs and at the same time be able to switch internal voices by using the TRACK 1 - 16?
When i activate ZONES i’m not able to use the TRACK buttons to switch voices, and i see that is impossible.[...]

Possible, and easily done…
1) Select a Song-associated Master, Zoned for external gear Bank/PC
2) Press [SONG]
3) Select [1]~[16] as desired, switch as needed
4) When finished, press[MASTER]
5) Go to step 1 until gig is over.

Of course, make sure to disable external keyboard transmit if that will cause unwanted triggering of external devices.

Ah yeah that make sense! :)
Thank you so much. Havent thought about it like that. Too logical :)

Rolf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2018 @ 12:02 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
greedo - 10 May 2018 11:31 AM

Ah yeah that make sense! :)
Thank you so much. Havent thought about it like that. Too logical :)

Rolf

You’re welcome.

Fortunately some procedures on the XF aren’t illogical, although they might not be immediately obvious.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Granular Synthesis on the Motif!? WOW!!!!!
Next Topic:

Buy/get key Moxf8 Cis/des ››