mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sound Doesn’t Play In Performance Mode - Motif XF7"

Posted on: March 25, 2018 @ 10:59 PM
ronmartyn
Total Posts:  15
Joined  06-15-2010

I somehow must of turned off the drums and bass in some global setting somewhere and cannot figure out where or what happened. For example when I play “Money on my mid” there is no drums, bass or patterns playing. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2018 @ 12:29 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Since “Money on my Mind” is a PERFORMANCE, it is a USER location...as are all PERFORMANCES.  That means they can be Edited “destructively” in any number of ways to suit your needs, or replaced with a new custom PERFORMANCE you create.

It is doubtful that your issue is a Global setting.

Without additional information, the most probable explanation is that somehow (1) or more of the PERFORMANCE PARTS has been switched OFF for “Money on my Mind”.

Each of the (4) PERFORMANCE PARTS are easily turned ON or OFF (Muted).

See Switching a Part on/off on page 93 of the Motif XF Reference Manual, and hopefully the solution is to simply activate PARTS that had been turned OFF at some point...perhaps unintentionally.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2018 @ 01:43 AM
ronmartyn
Joined  06-15-2010

Thank you for the help. I read the manual like you suggested and the problem I am having is on all of the performances not just “Money on my Mind” It is not an individual Part that I is on/off or muted. Performances already have their own
I select the the desired Performance,then I turn on the
[ARPEGGIO ON/OFF] button and nothing on any of the performances

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2018 @ 05:51 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ronmartyn - 28 March 2018 01:43 AM

[...] I select the the desired Performance,then I turn on the
[ARPEGGIO ON/OFF] button and nothing on any of the performances

It’s likely that you have MIDI Sync in Utility mode set to “MIDI”. With that setting the XF requires MIDI clock to be received from an external source, rather than from within the XF.

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5](Control)
Press [SF2](MIDI)

Check the MIDI Sync setting - when using the XF standalone, the setting should be ”internal”. Be sure to STORE the setting if you want to keep it.

See (5) MIDI Sync on pages 228-229 of the XF Reference Manual for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2018 @ 01:01 AM
ronmartyn
Joined  06-15-2010

Thank you thank you thank you 5pinDIN. I would love to donate some $ to you if want

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2018 @ 08:13 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ronmartyn - 29 March 2018 01:01 AM

Thank you thank you thank you 5pinDIN. I would love to donate some $ to you if want to email me at (removed for privacy)

You’re quite welcome. Although I appreciate the offer, there’s no need to compensate me - “thank you” is certainly sufficient. If you want to show your support for Motifator, please consider making any Motif-related purchases here: http://shop.motifator.com/ . (If anyone is wondering, I do not work for Motifator/Keyfax, I’m just a Motif owner who would like to see Motifator continue to exist.)

Since it seems you’re unsure of how the MIDI Sync setting got changed, I’ll mention a couple of possible causes…
1) Selection of [SEQ SETUP], Quick Setup number 2 - see page 232 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531).

2) Loading an “All” file that has that setting. If you’re unsure about any such file, you can load using Type “all without system”, which will leave your XF’s System settings unchanged.

By the way, you might want to Edit your post and remove your email address, to avoid any unwanted contacts (or requests for $  ;-) ).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2018 @ 01:33 PM
ronmartyn
Joined  06-15-2010

Thanks again. I have purchased a lot of the Motifator/Keyfax products and love them thanks. I read through the Quick Setup number 2 and printed out a couple of other pages that I needed so thanks… I removed the email for post also

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2018 @ 05:51 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

I too, would like to see Motifator continue to exist, because there is still so much to learn with this keyboard. 5pindin & cmayhle have really taken over since Phil left to go to the Yamaha site, but I still prefer this site for getting direct answers.  I know I am leaving out others who have helped out, so I just want to thank everyone who contributes.  I know the Motif XF is getting old, but I find that I will be keeping it for a long time.  Something extremely better would have to come along for me to give up on the XF.  I think 16 tracks is more that enough for me to make music.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Microphone and Connector Cables
Next Topic:

FS: Motif XF8 $2100 used - perfect condition ››