mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Motif ES 6 owner needs a little help getting started."

Posted on: March 20, 2018 @ 05:12 PM
Keys&Chords
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-20-2018

Hi all!

Let me preface this by saying that I always read the manual and do online searches for answers to my questions before asking on a forum--So please forgive me if my question seems super basic.

There is a voice on the ES 6 called “Griffin” and when I press the edit button you can see 4 red lights show up in the “element” section.

I would like to alter the tuning of one of the elements independent of the other 3.

According to the manual (pg. 196) you press edit, then select the element, then press F2, then SF1, which takes you to a page where there should be a “coarse” option which allows you to adjust the pitch.

When I follow exactly these steps I do not see a “coarse” option...All I see is Vol, Pan, Rev send, Chor send.

There is no “coarse.”

I have tried other voices and performances as well that have separate elements and have not been able to tune or effect just individual elements…

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

p.s. my firmware is 1.02

maybe that is the problem? maybe i need to update??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2018 @ 07:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Keys&Chords; - 20 March 2018 05:12 PM

Hi all!

Welcome to the forum.

Keys&Chords; -

Let me preface this by saying that I always read the manual and do online searches for answers to my questions before asking on a forum--So please forgive me if my question seems super basic.

No problem.

Keys&Chords; -

There is a voice on the ES 6 called “Griffin” and when I press the edit button you can see 4 red lights show up in the “element” section.

I would like to alter the tuning of one of the elements independent of the other 3.

According to the manual (pg. 196) you press edit, then select the element, then press F2, then SF1, which takes you to a page where there should be a “coarse” option which allows you to adjust the pitch.

When I follow exactly these steps I do not see a “coarse” option...All I see is Vol, Pan, Rev send, Chor send.

There is no “coarse.”

The Parameters you’ve listed are found in COMMON EDIT for a Voice, after pressing [F2]OUTPUT - see pages 190-191 of the Owner’s Manual.

From Voice COMMON EDIT mode, pressing one of the [1]~[4] buttons should should change the ES to Voice Element Edit mode, with the Element to be edited corresponding to the numbered button pressed. At that point pressing [F2]PITCH > [SF1]TUNE should get you to the correct screen.

Although there are probably good reasons to update the OS, I’m not aware of version 1.02 preventing Element editing.

By the way, you posted in the Motif XS forum. There’s one specifically for the ES…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewforum/113/
... and it’s usually better to post there for ES information, since answers to questions typically are dependent on model.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2018 @ 06:28 PM
Keys&Chords
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-20-2018

5pinDin, many thanks for your detailed reply, much appreciated!

I am really happy that I got a great keyboard in the ES 6 and that I now have a great source of information with this forum!

In the future I will post in the right forum ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2018 @ 09:12 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Keys&Chords; - 21 March 2018 06:28 PM

5pinDin, many thanks for your detailed reply, much appreciated!

You’re welcome!

Keys&Chords; -

I am really happy that I got a great keyboard in the ES 6 and that I now have a great source of information with this forum!

Enjoy the ES6. We hope to continue being that “great source of information”.

Keys&Chords; -

In the future I will post in the right forum ;-)

OK  :-). Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to save a perfomrance on Motif ES6
Next Topic:

Remote control mxes up all settings ››