mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to save a perfomrance on Motif ES6"

Posted on: March 15, 2018 @ 02:56 PM
mbosco
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-20-2018

Hi - I just bought a nice used MOTIF XS6.  I have been fun playing with all the voices and modifying the sounds with the on-board effects.

I think I want to create some performances and safe them so I can call them up easily when I perform.

I have read the manual and it seems I am able to create a performance using 4 different sounds.  I can adjust the volume of each sound with the sliders.  All works great.

HOWEVER - When I go to store the the performance it seems I have a problem.  I followed all the steps… and it seems my performance is stored.  I can move away from it and call it back up!  BUT when I shut the machine off, it disappears! 

I have two questions:
1) How can I assign a custom name to the performance?
2) How can i save the performance so that it remains even after I power down.  Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2018 @ 03:22 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mbosco - 15 March 2018 02:56 PM

Hi - I just bought a nice used MOTIF XS6.  I have been fun playing with all the voices and modifying the sounds with the on-board effects.

I think I want to create some performances and safe them so I can call them up easily when I perform.

I have read the manual and it seems I am able to create a performance using 4 different sounds.  I can adjust the volume of each sound with the sliders.  All works great.

HOWEVER - When I go to store the the performance it seems I have a problem.  I followed all the steps… and it seems my performance is stored.  I can move away from it and call it back up!  BUT when I shut the machine off, it disappears! 

I have two questions:
1) How can I assign a custom name to the performance?
2) How can i save the performance so that it remains even after I power down.  Thank you!

I also have a couple of questions:
1) Why didn’t you respond to my reply to your previous post?
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479573/
It’s hard to provide help when there’s no communication.

2) The subject of this thread mentions an ES6, but you state that you have an XS6. Since the answers to your questions will relate to the model, which is it?

I’d like to assist, so please help us help you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2018 @ 12:47 PM
mbosco
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-20-2018

Sorry for all the confusion.
My synth is the MOTIF XS6.

Can you please help with my questions.
Do I need to use an External memory device - like a USB thumb drive to be able to save custom performances?

Also - Please explain how to enter a customized name for the performances I want to save.

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2018 @ 01:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mbosco - 17 March 2018 12:47 PM

Sorry for all the confusion.
My synth is the MOTIF XS6.

No problem, just needed that clarified.

mbosco -

Can you please help with my questions.
Do I need to use an External memory device - like a USB thumb drive to be able to save custom performances?

Yes, an external memory device is needed to SAVE Performances. That can be done once the Performances are STORED.

However, it seems that you’re actually asking about STORING a Performance to the internal memory. Pressing [STORE], etc., will place the data in internal memory. It will remain there, even through power cycles, unless it gets overwritten. Here’s something to investigate from one of my previous posts…
It’s possible that the Utility mode Power On Auto Factory Set setting is turned on. (See page 269 of the XS Owner’s Manual.) If so, remove the check mark and press [ENTER], as shown on the display. That will, of course, do a factory reset, and should turn off Power On Auto Factory Set as well. (First save a backup “All” file if you want to keep any of your own data.)

Please verify at that point that Power On Auto Factory Set is unchecked.

Another possibility is that you are using Auto Load. (See page 262 of the XS Owner’s Manual.) If so, the file being loaded will overwrite all the User data in the XS. Auto Load can be turned off. STORE changes if wanted.

You can then load your “All” file - do not load it using Auto Load - and be sure to select ”without system” to avoid possibly turning Power On Auto Factory Set back on. If you want to use Auto Load, and there are Utility settings you want to have in your Auto Load file, make and store them. Resave the Auto Load file (if any) and your “All” file(s) - once that’s done, they can be be loaded “with system” without a problem.

Any “All” files that were saved when Power On Auto Factory Set or Auto Load were actuated will cause the system to revert if loaded “with system”, unless reloaded and resaved while those features are turned off.

mbosco -

Also - Please explain how to enter a customized name for the performances I want to save.

To name a Performance…
Select the Performance
Press [EDIT] > [F1](General) > [SF1](Name)
Press [SF6](CHAR)

See page 82 of the Owner’s Manual for the character inputting procedure. If your XS has OS 1.10 or later installed, a USB ASCII keyboard connected to the TO DEVICE port will allow easy inputting of the characters, and other features. See page 5 of this PDF:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/8926

If desired, a non-powered USB hub can be used to attach an ASCII keyboard and flash drive to the TO DEVICE port at the same time.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi question
Next Topic:

New Motif ES 6 owner needs a little help getting started. ››