mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bringing a voice into a performance intact"

Posted on: February 17, 2018 @ 12:42 PM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015

I know this has been addressed, but I’ve been away from the MOXF for a while. I know how to modify a voice once it’s in a performance. How do I get a voice into a split/layer with all of its effects intact, as it was in voice mode?  That would be so much easier.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2018 @ 01:12 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
DallasXanadu - 17 February 2018 12:42 PM

[...] How do I get a voice into a split/layer with all of its effects intact, as it was in voice mode? [...]

You’ll need to understand the difference between Insert and System Effects.

These support articles will mostly apply to the MOXF:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_introducing_the_effects
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/insertion_effects_differ_from_the_system_effects

This can affect other aspects of moving a Voice to a Part in a Performance:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_parameter_with_voice

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2018 @ 01:21 PM
DallasXanadu
Joined  05-20-2015

So my understanding is that since chorus/delay is a system effect, it can’t be brought into a performance without affecting all of the parts?  I’m just trying to get the delay on a synth lead into the upper part of a split without affecting the lower. I guess I’ll just tweak it once it’s there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2018 @ 01:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
DallasXanadu - 17 February 2018 01:21 PM

So my understanding is that since chorus/delay is a system effect, it can’t be brought into a performance without affecting all of the parts?  I’m just trying to get the delay on a synth lead into the upper part of a split without affecting the lower. I guess I’ll just tweak it once it’s there.

Reverb and Chorus (System) settings don’t come along because they would indeed affect all of the Parts, which often isn’t appropriate. So yes, you’ll have to find System Effects settings which suit the entire Performance, and you might also have to edit each Part’s Insert Effects to get what you want.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2018 @ 10:24 PM
DallasXanadu
Joined  05-20-2015

I’ve brought in the Minimoog lead sound into a split. Of course, the delay and reverb didn’t come with it, understood. But I can’t for the life of me get the delay into the split on the upper end. I’ve gone into effects (in the split) and set it exactly like it was in voice mode, cranked effects send up to 127, yet it’s still as dry as a bone. Weird thing is I have another split using the same voice on the top end and a synth bass on the left, and the lead sound is exactly like it was in voice.  I have no idea how I did that but I can’t duplicate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2018 @ 11:34 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
DallasXanadu - 09 March 2018 10:24 PM

I’ve brought in the Minimoog lead sound into a split. Of course, the delay and reverb didn’t come with it, understood. But I can’t for the life of me get the delay into the split on the upper end. I’ve gone into effects (in the split) and set it exactly like it was in voice mode, cranked effects send up to 127, yet it’s still as dry as a bone. [...]

It’s possible that the Insertion Effect Switch is turned “off” for the Part.

See [SF2] INS SW on page 64 of the MOXF Reference Manual, and InsEF (Insertion Effect Part Switch) on page 67.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2018 @ 01:18 PM
DallasXanadu
Joined  05-20-2015

Boom.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2018 @ 10:41 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
DallasXanadu - 10 March 2018 01:18 PM