mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Switching seamlessly from Pattern Section!"

Posted on: February 07, 2018 @ 10:37 AM
fenk34
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-07-2018

I am using an Motif ES6. When i switch from pattern section to pattern section, it always restarts the pattern. I am trying to have it continue (i.e., when i switch section at bar 3, it doesn’t go back to bar 1, but continues to bar 4.). Is this possible?

Another problem I’m having is that when I switch from section to section, while sending MIDI to an outboard synthesizer, the section change also causes a patch change in the synthesizer. I am trying to avoid this, how can i do so?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2018 @ 12:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
fenk34 - 07 February 2018 10:37 AM

I am using an Motif ES6. When i switch from pattern section to pattern section, it always restarts the pattern. I am trying to have it continue (i.e., when i switch section at bar 3, it doesn’t go back to bar 1, but continues to bar 4.). Is this possible?

Welcome to the forum.
When switching Pattern Sections, the currently playing Section will complete, and the next one selected will start at the beginning of the first measure. That’s normal operation.

There are 16 Sections available per Pattern. Unless you’re using all of them, if you need to be able to switch to a specific measure, you could copy that measure by itself to another Section.

fenk34 -

Another problem I’m having is that when I switch from section to section, while sending MIDI to an outboard synthesizer, the section change also causes a patch change in the synthesizer. I am trying to avoid this, how can i do so?

I have an XS and an XF, neither of which sends Program Change (PC) messages when switching Pattern Sections. However, if your ES does that, the PC message can be filtered if the Pattern is associated with a zoned Master.
See [F3] TX SW (Transmit Switch) > PC MIDI on page 272 of the ES Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Es and plg150 dx
Next Topic:

Motif Rack ES and Windows 10 64bit ››