mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sierra mac Ethernet xf"

Posted on: November 23, 2017 @ 08:14 AM
iRan
Total Posts:  18
Joined  08-07-2015

Has anyone have any luck networking a Motif Xf via Ethernet to a Mac
I’m on high Sierra, I never got it to work in the past with older OS
Would a new firmware update help ? How about a Ethernet to thunderbolt
Cable or the wireless lan adapter would that be any better, I know
Mac has not been good with the Motif networking. maybe a 3rd party network
Program that would get it to work ,
I also thought about a second computer PC for the networking
For files and Motif 3rd party utility software ( organization of files,
Sampling, conversion etc any ideas would be great

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2017 @ 04:44 PM
🎹Lex
Total Posts:  81
Joined  05-20-2009

There are also problems here on the Windows side. On the off chance that you have a rooted Android device, I discovered that the Motif has no trouble making a network connection there. I wrote up a guide here:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479268/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2017 @ 09:19 PM
iRan
Joined  08-07-2015

No Android here but thanks looks interesting, wish I could get it running on my Mac
I have a windows 7 laptop going to give it a try, just learning how to right now,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2017 @ 09:14 AM
Mantra
Total Posts:  51
Joined  10-05-2011

Hi

I have it running using a third party utility http://eduo.info/apps/smbup

Theres a tutorial of sorts here :-

https://www.tweaking4all.com/os-tips-and-tricks/macosx-tips-and-tricks/smbup-mac-os-x-smb-fix/

But its purely the networking side, nothing motif specific.

The other thing that can be confusing is that the motif is able to run both as a client with the mac as a server using the “Mount user name” to connect to the mac as well as the motif running as a server and the mac connecting to the motif using the “File server Account” name. Both of these are set on the motif Network configuration page.

Apple used to license SAMBA but then decided to do their own SMB implementation which is the point everything went south (around the Mavericks release). Effectively what smbup does is replace the mac’s SMB with the original SAMBA and a GUI in a completely reversable way. The argument being that the Apple implementation of SMB is garbage so you’re not really losing anything.

If you follow the instructions at tweaking for all you should be good, but its still a wee bit tricky.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2017 @ 08:19 PM
iRan
Joined  08-07-2015

Im ok at getting the Motif to connect Server (that shows up on the Mac )
on the Motif (File Mount ) the Host shows my Mac but can’t Mount, I had it Mount once
then has not again, One thing I can do is pass files from the USB Stick connected
to the Motif and My Mac just with (Server Connect )

Im filmiler with this app but hadn’t tried it it says nothing about High Sierra
Have you have this working on High Sierra ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2017 @ 02:32 PM
Mantra
Joined  10-05-2011

Hi

Yes, I have it working on High Sierra.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2017 @ 01:31 AM
iRan
Joined  08-07-2015

I got smbup working it mounts and shows the folder on the Motif xf
But can’t seem to open the folder and show any files
But I have not learned any more than that so I could
Be missing something I will continue reading more
About smbup and the motif part of this,
But any more information you might have
Would be great thanks for your help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2017 @ 03:23 PM
Mantra
Joined  10-05-2011

Hi

Once it mounts, it shows the mount name under sharing point. Then you have to navigate to the mount name using the motif arrow keys and press enter (on the motif) then a little icon will appear to the left of the mount name. Once that is working, you can press the F1 button (file) which will show you the list of files and you’re in business. If thats not the case, then it will be something to do with permissions, but I think that was mentioned in one of the links posted. In my case I had to create a dedicated user for the share per one of those articles.

One other thing is that the files shown are only of the type listed in type which is described somewhere in the documentation, so its not just going to list all the files in the directory but only those that match the type which also vary a bit depending on which motif mode you entered the file operations from. My main thing was moving song files into logic to edit/quantise. So from a song you would hit “file” and then the type would be SMF and you could save that file to the share. Or in the other direction scroll through midi files in the share directory and load them to a target song in the motif.

You can also do backups, move samples, wavs etc. etc. I think there may be some articles and videos here on motivator about all the different file types etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2017 @ 06:04 PM
Warme1981
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-12-2017

thank you guys a lot for the links. i found a lot of useful information by reading through them and your posts. also thanks a lot for everything else. i also wanted to ask you ppl… do you mind if i am going to have some questions to ask? may i ask you? thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ motifxf 6 to 8
Next Topic:

Dear Yamaha ››