mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Load usb date on XS6"

Posted on: November 21, 2017 @ 07:33 PM
jorgex
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-20-2017

Hello, a question, in my motif xs when I turn it on I do it with the usb, because I have a lot of samples that I load when I start that I use in several sounds. The total of the file that loads measures about 525 Mb. It is normal that it takes about 4 minutes to finish booting ?? The same as saving everything ??? Is there any way to save but only update the data file, as the nord does? That when I save data on the Mac only modifies what has changed and of course, it does nothing. The motif takes me a lot. To you too ?? Do you do this? Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2017 @ 08:58 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jorgex - 21 November 2017 07:33 PM

Hello, a question, in my motif xs when I turn it on I do it with the usb, because I have a lot of samples that I load when I start that I use in several sounds.

Welcome to the forum.

I presume you are using Auto Load to load an “All” (.X0A) file.

jorgex -

The total of the file that loads measures about 525 Mb. It is normal that it takes about 4 minutes to finish booting ?? The same as saving everything ???

Yes and Yes.

Sample memory in the XS is SDRAM. It is “volatile” - the data is lost when power to the XS is turned off, and it has to be reloaded when the XS is turned back on.

jorgex -

Is there any way to save but only update the data file, as the nord does? That when I save data on the Mac only modifies what has changed and of course, it does nothing. The motif takes me a lot. To you too ?? Do you do this? Thank you

You can save and load files without samples, but then Voices dependent on the samples won’t play correctly or possibly not at all. If you expect the samples to be loaded each time, then the file you load has to include them.

I have an XS and an XF. What you’re experiencing with the XS is normal. The Motif XF can use optional flash memory modules, which have non-volatile memory. The first time samples are loaded to flash memory in an XF, it takes several times longer than with an XS. However, samples loaded to flash modules remain through power on/off cycles. Then loading is only necessary when you change Voices, etc., or install a new library.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2017 @ 07:41 AM
jorgex
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-20-2017

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI sync issues between Motif XS8 and multitrack -- very strange
Next Topic:

Screen Cable ››