mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performances from a MOX for a MOXF?"

Posted on: November 15, 2017 @ 08:40 PM
RHproducer
Total Posts:  60
Joined  10-19-2017

Hi, is it possible to import some performances from a MOX into a MOXF?

Since the MOX was created before the MOXF I think there’s a way to save some performances and retreive them with the MOXF like when you load voices from an .all file using a USB stick. After hearing some performances that Bert Smorenburg played on the MOX I thought I would find them in my MOXF. I’m looking specifically for a performance called “Bossa on the beach” and if it is possible I would like to get these three:

Dresden at night
Bouncing HH
Bossa on the Beach

Here the video where the name of the performances are displayed while he plays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PJm3Fypig4

If it is possible and a MOX owner is willing to provide the file I’ll be gratefull, otherwise I think I’ll need to look up for the arpeggios names or numbers and recreate them from scratch which I think will take so long… and I don’t own a MOX

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2017 @ 08:54 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

MOX data is fully compatible with the MOXF, including PERFORMANCES.  However, any PERFORMANCES are at the mercy of the VOICE locations used by the PARTS of the PERFORMANCE.

So...if a PERFORMANCE from another machine (either MOX or MOXF) is based on USER VOICES, for example, you may be in for a surprise when playing it.  For example, you might find a french horn in the location the PERFORMANCE is looking for a piano.

EDIT:  I just checked the MOXF Reference Manual, and it does not list MOX PERFORMANCES as able to LOAD.  So, a MOXF owner will need to weigh-in on the viability of this action.

EDIT 2:  In This Thread, Bad_Mister proclaims you can LOAD any data from the MOX into the MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2017 @ 09:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s true that the MOXF Reference Manual doesn’t specifically list MOX Performances as being able to be loaded to a MOXF. However, it does indicate MOX “All” files can, and Performances are therefore included.

As far as I know, MOX factory Performances are based only on Preset Voices, and the MOX and MOXF have the same Voices in Preset Banks 1~8, so there shouldn’t be a problem in that respect.

See the attached ZIP file. It’s the MOX factory “All” file, and includes the Performances asked for.

File Attachments
MOX_ALL_factory.zip  (File Size: 288KB - Downloads: 573)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2017 @ 09:23 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

For anyone wanting to know what’s in the MOX file attached to the post above,
I ran on it my moX-TEXT program
(http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472111/).

The result from moX-TEXT is in the attached zipped text file.
In it I located the following:
USR2:001(A01) Dresden At Night
USR2:012(A12) Bouncing HH
USR2:040(C08) Bossa On the Beach

File Attachments
MOX_ALL_factory.X4A.txt.zip  (File Size: 12KB - Downloads: 607)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2017 @ 02:44 PM
RHproducer
Joined  10-19-2017
5pinDIN - 16 November 2017 09:23 AM

For anyone wanting to know what’s in the MOX file attached to the post above,
I ran on it my moX-TEXT program
(http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472111/).

The result from moX-TEXT is in the attached zipped text file.
In it I located the following:
USR2:001(A01) Dresden At Night
USR2:012(A12) Bouncing HH
USR2:040(C08) Bossa On the Beach

Awesome, awesome, thank you, thank you, I’m anxious to go back to my studio and load these performances, you are super knowledgeable. I have good news about the other post on CP80 Classic Motif samples. I’ll type in my message later on…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2017 @ 10:32 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
RHproducer - 16 November 2017 02:44 PM

Awesome, awesome, thank you, thank you, I’m anxious to go back to my studio and load these performances, you are super knowledgeable.

You’re welcome, and thanks for the kind words.

RHproducer -

I have good news about the other post on CP80 Classic Motif samples. I’ll type in my message later on…

OK, I’ll take a look…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2017 @ 03:55 PM
RHproducer
Joined  10-19-2017

I loaded the performances last night, they worked perfectly!, there are useful performances in the MOX list more than the MOXF for the music styles I’m working with recently, I appreciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2017 @ 06:49 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
RHproducer - 17 November 2017 03:55 PM

I loaded the performances last night, they worked perfectly!, there are useful performances in the MOX list more than the MOXF for the music styles I’m working with recently, I appreciate it.

I’m glad they met your current needs.

[ Ignore ]