mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Virtual Motif"

Posted on: November 01, 2017 @ 01:50 PM
PatchChord
Total Posts:  1662
Joined  07-29-2002

I figured this was a no-brainer and it would just take a few years. But it hasn’t happened yet, to my knowledge. Has anyone heard or considered a Motif VST or stand alone sound engine? I figure the main reason to not do it is it would hurt hardware sales. But now that’s not a factor.

I’d pay $199 for such an app, even with a dongle and 16 voice polyphony. I can’t be the only one that would like to hear the Motif sound library on my laptop.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2017 @ 06:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I believe that most of the Motif samples and arps are still used in the Montage, so Yamaha might have reason not to be releasing them yet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2017 @ 06:50 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Companies appear to be mostly avoiding VST versions, although Korg Legacy was a good example.

I expect VST versions don’t happen because of piracy but also out of hatred for answering support questions from kids who are trying to run 128 simultaneous instances of them on their up and coming ‘Score’ for movies, which no doubt means setting a series of bare 5th cellos with reverb against captured clips of Halo from You Tube.

The current fashion seems to be boutique hardware revisits such as Reface and Roland’s range including the D-05 which is a boutique version of the D50.

https://www.roland.com/us/promos/roland_boutique/

There’s also Roland Cloud.

https://www.rolandcloud.com

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha iPad applications nad new iOS11
Next Topic:

SF Music Expo and Session Files ››