mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "splitting keyboard"

Posted on: March 09, 2017 @ 10:12 AM
CatherineTCC
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-09-2017

I am new to keyboards and am having a hard time understanding the manual.
I am wondering if anybody is able to give me a step by step in laymen’s terms on how to split keyboard..sometimes I want a pad say (Analog) on the low end and keys (Full grand) up past middle C. I also want to be able to move out of that mode easily for a next song in a different sound… So ideally I would like to preset the combo.
Thanks for any help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2017 @ 10:45 PM
bodine_jethro
Total Posts:  37
Joined  04-21-2008

Let me try.
To split the keyboard, go into voice mode and pick a voice. In your case, pick full grand, maybe voice Pre 1 001.
Then, hit the Split button just to the right of the Data Dial.
Then, hit the Store button and store this patch into some User Performance. Once you have the performance, hit the Edit button and then hit Enter a few times. You should see a screen with a Common button and, underneath it, 1 2 3 4.
Hit 1 (your piano patch) and look through your options. Eventually, you will see a Note Limit Low and a Note Limit High. If you want the piano on the upper half keyboard, set the Note Limit Low to C3.
Then, exit a few times, click on 2, and pick the voice that you want in the lower half keyboard. You will have to choose Bank and Number. Then, just as before, set your Note Limit Low and Note Limit High. This time, you will probably pick C-2 as the Note Limit Low and C3 as Note Limit High.
Save your performance by clicking Store. Choose the location and Hit Enter.

There are a few YouTube videos that may be clearer.
here is on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTyeyeKFkVU

I am new to keyboards and am having a hard time understanding the manual.
I am wondering if anybody is able to give me a step by step in laymen’s terms on how to split keyboard..sometimes I want a pad say (Analog) on the low end and keys (Full grand) up past middle C. I also want to be able to move out of that mode easily for a next song in a different sound… So ideally I would like to preset the combo.
Thanks for any help!

[ Ignore ]