mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading XF Library into MOXF - couple of questions"

Posted on: October 10, 2017 @ 05:03 PM
Donald-M
Total Posts:  666
Joined  11-08-2007

My church just bought a MOXF 8.  They purchased the 1gig flash memory card for it, and the Majestic Pipes library from the Motifator shop.  I want to be sure I’m understanding on how load function into the MOXF works before I proceed.  The Majestic Pipes library is in Motif XF format (an *X3A file).  And, the voices are set in USR Bank 4 for the XF.  So....

I have the flashcard formatted and ready to go.  Am I correct that I use the Load 1VoiceBank option on the MOXF, and then direct the files from the Majestic Pipes folder from USR4 to, say USR1, on the MOXF with Samples?  Am I correct that doing that will put those voices in USR Bank 1 on the MOXF?  (I believe it uses Banks A-D for 64 slots).  ?? 

Secondly, assuming I get them loaded in correctly, can I create an ALL file on the MOXF that would include the Pipes, so that every time its turned on, the Pipes library will be in the correct USR bank each time?  And if I edit other things, say a performance or Master mode slot that have nothing to do with the Pipes and samples, and re-save on the ALL file, it will still keep the Pipes there? 

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2017 @ 06:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Donald-M - 10 October 2017 05:03 PM

[...]I have the flashcard formatted and ready to go.  Am I correct that I use the Load 1VoiceBank option on the MOXF, and then direct the files from the Majestic Pipes folder from USR4 to, say USR1, on the MOXF with Samples?  Am I correct that doing that will put those voices in USR Bank 1 on the MOXF?  (I believe it uses Banks A-D for 64 slots).  ??

Mostly correct - minor terminology and other issues.

Load with 1BankVoice, directing USR4 to whichever bank you prefer. Be sure to have both with Waveform and with Samples with an “x” in the box when initially loading. The “Majestic Pipes” Voices that load will be in Groups A through D. The ones in Groups E-H will be the usual “place holder” Voices for the bank.

Donald-M -

Secondly, assuming I get them loaded in correctly, can I create an ALL file on the MOXF that would include the Pipes,

Not only “can” you create an “All” file, you should save one “with Samples” as a backup.

Donald-M -

so that every time its turned on, the Pipes library will be in the correct USR bank each time?

Unless another file gets loaded that overwrites the bank in which Majestic Pipes is located, the Voices will remain there each time the power is turned on. That has nothing to do with having saved an “All” file or not. Also, unlike your XS, the flash memory is non-volatile, so that the Samples remain between power cycles. So as long as you don’t load another file, Majestic Pipes will be where you loaded the library, whenever the MOXF is turned on.

Donald-M -

And if I edit other things, say a performance or Master mode slot that have nothing to do with the Pipes and samples, and re-save on the ALL file, it will still keep the Pipes there?

You should absolutely save a new “All” file whenever you make changes. However, that has nothing to do with “keeping” the Pipes where they are. It’s necessary in case you load something else (accidentally or intentionally) that overwrites things, and you want to restore them.

Knowing how to reload your “All” file is important, in order to avoid loading duplicate Waveforms. Rather than going into that detail, please see
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf_flash_board
The entire support article is helpful, but the part under the heading LOAD OPTIONS should provide the necessary information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2017 @ 09:11 PM
Donald-M
Joined  11-08-2007

Thank you very much for the info.  Helpful as always!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2017 @ 10:04 AM
Donald-M
Joined  11-08-2007
5pinDIN - 10 October 2017 06:49 PM

Knowing how to reload your “All” file is important, in order to avoid loading duplicate Waveforms. Rather than going into that detail, please see
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf_flash_board
The entire support article is helpful, but the part under the heading LOAD OPTIONS should provide the necessary information.

That article was extremely helpful in explaining how the flash cards work.  Thank you so much!  Its nice to know I can load in additional waveforms and samples on the card and fill another USR bank without disrupting the first one.  So we can have our pipe organs in USR Bank 1 and some other set in USR BAnk 2, as long as don’t exhaust memory on the card!  That’s going to be very useful for us!

[ Ignore ]