mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Confused obout my voices"

Posted on: September 13, 2017 @ 08:50 AM
jannecarlen
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-09-2016

The voices in my motif XF do not seem to match those in the downloaded data list. In addition, the voices are repeated several times in the Motif voice list. What may have happened? Can I have deleted them by mistake? Is it possible to re-enter voices in the motif and where can I get them? Is it possible to download somewhere and start over from the beginning?
Many questions but hope for someone who can help me :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2017 @ 12:16 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Yes, see Resetting the User Memory to the Initial Factory Settings on page 18 of the Motif XF Owner’s Manual.  That will give you a fresh start.

You are correct in that there are repeated VOICES in the USER BANKS of the machine.  These duplicates are simply place-holders, until you STORE future custom VOICES of your own in those slots, which will overwrite them.

Update Note: Be aware the VOICES in USER1 are unique new VOICES for the XF.  That is, while they can certainly be overwritten as USER VOICES, they are not duplicated elsewhere on the machine.

VOICES in USER BANKS 2, 3, and 4 are all duplicates of PRE VOICES.

PRE VOICES cannot be overwritten or deleted.

It is good practice to SAVE an ALL file to USB drive, containing the Factory condition of the machine, for future selective re-LOADING of Factory USER data (VOICES, PERFORMANCES, etc.) as/if desired.

Once you perform a Factory Set as outlined above, you can conveniently do this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2017 @ 11:30 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jannecarlen - 13 September 2017 08:50 AM

The voices in my motif XF do not seem to match those in the downloaded data list.

Which Data List did you download? All PREset Voice Banks should match, as should USER 1 Voices if they weren’t replaced.

XF Data List:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/52366

If your XF doesn’t match the ones in that PDF, please give us some examples.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2017 @ 11:05 AM
jannecarlen
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-09-2016

“You are correct in that there are repeated VOICES in the USER BANKS of the machine.  These duplicates are simply place-holders, until you STORE future custom VOICES of your own in those slots, which will overwrite them.”

Hi!

I didn´t know that about placeholders. So when I put in new voices, they´re gonna end up where there´s a placeholder whitch will be replaced by that voice?

How many extra voices can I put in, for example, strings? Is it just how many placeholders there are and no more?

I have performed a factory reset the other day. I will check the voices out and give some examples of voices i´ve found out not match with the datalist (If there are any after the reset

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2017 @ 12:38 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jannecarlen - 02 October 2017 11:05 AM

...I didn´t know that about placeholders. So when I put in new voices, they´re gonna end up where there´s a placeholder whitch will be replaced by that voice?

How many extra voices can I put in, for example, strings? Is it just how many placeholders there are and no more?

I have performed a factory reset the other day. I will check the voices out and give some examples of voices i´ve found out not match with the datalist (If there are any after the reset

I think you have a pretty clear idea.

There are 512 USER VOICE locations in the machine.

As noted, the Factory VOICES in USER BANK 1 are unique...not found elsewhere in the machine.  However, they can be overwritten just the same as the other 3 USER BANKS.

As noted, VOICES in USER BANKS 2, 3, and 4 are all duplicates of PRE VOICES.

As you have suggested, once you fill all the USER VOICE locations, they are full.  They can certainly be overwritten again if you choose.

Keep in mind, you can SAVE an ALL file (or ALL VOICE file) at any time to a USB thumb drive, and VOICES can be LOADED into the machine at any time from these files, as you may choose.

You can therefore have a virtual “unlimited” number of VOICES at your convenient disposal.

Here is a handy document that gives an overview of the machine.

[ Ignore ]