mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mox6 as a master keyboard - sustain pedal question"

Posted on: September 29, 2017 @ 08:02 AM
kavaalton
Total Posts:  7
Joined  01-06-2012

I have following problem:

I’m using Mox6 as a all around rompler, but also as a master keyboard for some VSTs.

Now I found a new Hammond VST (GG Audio Blue3) which I really liked.

However it has one problem, it doesn’t have sustain pedal funtion.

I’ve understood that normally, when you press sustain pedal attached to your master keyboard, it sends midi CC 64 signal to VST or other sound source, which in turn understands that signal as an order to keep notes playing. But Blue3 doesn’t do that.

So is there any way to have the sustain pedal to affect the master keyboard (Mox6)? So that instead of sending the CC 64 signal, the keyboard would keep sending “note-on” midi-signal as long as the sustain pedal is pressed? This would be a workaround for the lack of sustain function in VST. 

(Yes I know. The real Hammonds didn’t have sustain pedal so one can say “authentic” immitation should also not have one. But sustain pedal is really usefull when playing, especially layered sounds).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2017 @ 04:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Rather than trying to reprogram the sustain pedal operation so that it sends multiple “note-on” events, perhaps you could externally filter “note-off”. It would seem that a Footswitch Controller from MIDI Solutions, coupled to their Event Processor, could provide foot-controlled note-off filtering. You’d then have to generate the note-off when you wanted the sustaining to stop. Perhaps there’s a simpler way. MIDI Solutions apparently even does custom work. Contact email is here:
http://www.midisolutions.com/about.htm

Or, just place sufficient weights on the keys you want to sustain, remove to stop.  :-)

It might be easier to convince GG Audio to reprogram Blue3, even if that wouldn’t be faithful to real B3 operation.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ No sound on Mox8
Next Topic:

MOX8 Program Changes Problems - Please help! ››