mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Is it possible to reuse Motif ES multi-saples in .W7V & .W8V format on the MOFX?"

Posted on: September 03, 2017 @ 07:11 PM
denistu007
Total Posts:  7
Joined  09-06-2007

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a moxf6. I like the idea that the board is very “portable” comparing to my good old ES6 which I sold a while ago.

While I had the ES, I purchased some user-voice libraries, made of multi-samples. They are in .W7V & W8V format.

Is there any chance to somehow “converting” those files into ones that will be read by moxf?

I know that songs and patterns are not compatible, but was wondering if multi-samples could somehow be re-used, and what need to be done for this.

Thanks a lot!
Dennis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2017 @ 08:00 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
denistu007 - 03 September 2017 07:11 PM

While I had the ES, I purchased some user-voice libraries, made of multi-samples. They are in .W7V & W8V format.

Is there any chance to somehow “converting” those files into ones that will be read by moxf?

The Motif XF can directly load ES Voices, Waveforms, and Sample Voices.

The MOXF can’t. It may be possible to convert the data using third-party software.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2017 @ 08:30 AM
denistu007
Total Posts:  7
Joined  09-06-2007

Thank you 5pinDIN.

Anybody knows by any change which 3rd-party s/w could do the conversion?

I already checked with John Melas and apparently his applications can’t do the conversion, unfortunately.

Thanks,
Denis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2017 @ 09:04 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The MOXF can load an XF file. I don’t use Melas’ software, but I’m surprised that it can’t create an XF file from the ES data.

Also, it should be possible for the ES files to be loaded to an XF and then saved in XF format. Obviously, that requires access to an XF.

Of course, since the MOXF has no SDRAM, it would need to have an optional flash module installed.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Newbie simple question
Next Topic:

midi controllers behaving strange ››