mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why Can’t This Be Love - Van Halen Voice/Performance"

Posted on: October 08, 2015 @ 10:07 AM
biglick70
Total Posts:  6
Joined  12-22-2014

Does anyone have sounds for subject song for MOXF that is willing to share or sell?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2015 @ 06:25 PM
Jimski
Total Posts:  8
Joined  10-05-2015

I would be interested in this also :)

FYI not sure if you use any VST’s but the OP-X pro has a very good Why cant this be love patch ( along with others) . Part of the Richsource sound bank which is available for free download from the sonic projects website.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2015 @ 07:20 PM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

I have tried and failed imo. I really struggled with the left hand part (especially the lfo controls amp mod part) til I quit trying. The tempo of the lfo changes so much with even 1 number up or down on the MOXF, I can’t get nearly close enough to the song tempo (not that it’s not possible - but it has been for me). Then there’s the whole lfo clicky thing that I could never get rid of. I don’t know that this board is capable of doing analog synth like a old school synth like Eddie used will. My .02.

The only way I got even close was using and adjusting an arp. And with that you’re choosing one tempo for the whole song, which by the way, doesn’t seem to stay in time.

This may make me try again. Maybe someone here can get closer than I have.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2015 @ 12:05 PM
DschoKeys
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-08-2005

There is a very nice Voice (Sync Power AF1&2;) for that song in Easy Sounds - Phat Analog. It is based on additional Roland Jupiter 8 sync-lead (square) and Minimoog (saw) samples.

You could also try the Preset Voices “Vintage Sync” and/or “Sync Power” and tweak them to your taste (e.g. create a layer, with one part shifted up/down one octave and slightly detuned, and then add some flanger/phaser and chorus effect).

I know it is hardly possible to recreate that exact sound with sample playback synthesis; but for me, the Easy Sounds Voice comes close enough with a little bit of layering/tweaking…

Regards, :)

Jo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2015 @ 10:33 PM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

I picked up the Phat Analog set. I did quite a bit of adjusting of the right hand - from what I can tell there is no left hand part programmed to play.

I think this is a pretty good approximation. I don’t play this nearly exact, but for the purpose of hearing the sound of it…

The left hand part is still the issue with the MOXF replicating this sound. I would be grateful if someone can get the LFO controlling Amplitude to play the tempo accurately.

File Attachments
Van Halen clip.mp3  (File Size: 816KB - Downloads: 291)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2015 @ 12:36 AM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

I took the time to put the new right hand in with my arp’d left hand and poorly/inaccurately plodded through part of the song. Here’s the result - yours will likely be better played, as I’m a guitarist 1st…

This is done in cans, so if the eq isn’t satisfactory, know that you can fix it in the parts. I made a mixing for this, part 1 is the left hand, part 2 the right. I never use Performances, but I guess you could transfer the parts to one. Maybe even get it all in a voice - Shep

File Attachments
2 Hands V H clip.mp3  (File Size: 2238KB - Downloads: 296)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2015 @ 05:28 PM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

The shortcoming for me is the flanger isn’t nearly as full and throaty in the MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2017 @ 08:51 PM
Jimski
Total Posts:  8
Joined  10-05-2015

Would it be possible to get a copy of this sound/performance?

thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2017 @ 04:26 AM
blafot
Total Posts:  105
Joined  05-04-2015

Try out Gawins new service…

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479165/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Flashmodule....
Next Topic: