mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Noobish question about turning on velocity on patches that don’t have it (most organs etc)"

Posted on: August 22, 2017 @ 09:38 PM
djfl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-24-2015

How the eff do I do it? I’ve tried adjusting settings related to velocity when using one of the appropriate patches (most organs), and I simply cannot make the patches touch-sensitive.

To be clear, what I want to do is: hit a note hard, the note plays loudly. Hit it softly, it plays softly.

I’ve done programming a little more intense than this and it’s frustrating me a bit that I can’t figure this out.

Thanks!!

I have already done a forum search but found mostly threads unrelated to the XF, or a keyboard with on-board element adjusting.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2017 @ 11:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Velocity sensitivity is programmed in a Voice on a per-Element basis. The Level Velocity Sensitivity Parameter is found by pressing [EDIT], an Element number button, then [F4](Amplitude) > [SF1](Level/Pan). Voices such as organs will have that Parameter set to +0(zero) in all active Elements. Increasing that to a positive value (such as +20) will cause the amplitude to respond to key velocity. You might also want to experiment with the Offset (often set to 0) and Curve settings. The Level settings might also have to be readjusted.

See page 79 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531) for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2017 @ 02:29 PM
djfl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-24-2015
5pinDIN - 22 August 2017 11:20 PM

Velocity sensitivity is programmed in a Voice on a per-Element basis. The Level Velocity Sensitivity Parameter is found by pressing [EDIT], an Element number button, then [F4](Amplitude) > [SF1](Level/Pan). Voices such as organs will have that Parameter set to +0(zero) in all active Elements. Increasing that to a positive value (such as +20) will cause the amplitude to respond to key velocity. You might also want to experiment with the Offset (often set to 0) and Curve settings. The Level settings might also have to be readjusted.

See page 79 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531) for details.

Solved. Thanks a lot!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2017 @ 09:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
djfl - 23 August 2017 02:29 PM

Solved. Thanks a lot!!

You’re welcome.

By the way, Level Velocity Sensitivity can also be set to negative values. Doing so causes the amplitude level to decrease as key velocity is increased. That can be useful if you want an Element’s sound to be reduced, or even eliminated, when keys are struck hard.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading Libraries with samples problems.
Next Topic:

Longer sample playback question... ››