mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Split with Bass on Left and change diverse sounds on the Right"

Posted on: August 21, 2017 @ 05:50 AM
keramox
Total Posts:  55
Joined  11-17-2012

I’m setting up the MOXF for some special live events where i need a bass sound on the left (always the same) and change seamlessly without hiccups, sounds for the right hand.
In song/mixing mode i set up on track 13 a bass sound with key range from C-2 to B2 and on all other tracks diverse sounds with key ranges from C3 to G8. I need to have the bass sound always on LH and change sounds on the RH from master mode (with the track button pressed) or from mixing mode.All the tracks are set to midi channel 1.
The only workaround i found out is:
In song/mixing mode muting all tracks, then unmute the tracks pressing the track buttons except button 13 (the bass sound). Then pressing another track button i can play a sound on the right hand.
To change to other sound i have to press the same track button again and then press another track button to change the sound etc..
It’s rather very complicated in a live situation, is there a better solution ? Greetings to all the people in this forum!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2017 @ 08:38 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The method you described would allow for up to 15 splits per Mixing.

Can you manage with fewer - up to eight splits per Mixing?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2017 @ 05:44 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

All you need is mixing mode.  From what you are describing master mode is not necessary.

1.  Create and empty song
and go into mixing mode.  Set your Base up on its own Track.  Set every thing else up on separate tracks, and the sounds you want to play with the bass need to be on the same channel as the bass is on.

As you can switch seamlessly between sounds using the track buttons you will not get hick ups.  I do this all the time.  Checkout:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/450313/

http://www.yamahasynth.com/apps-2/using-a-mixing-program-in-your-live-setup

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2017 @ 05:57 PM
keramox
Joined  11-17-2012

Thanks for your advice!
It’s always been a challenge to bring a synth to it’s own limits! I’m using many sounds live and i’m working more and more in the “mixing” mode changing fast and clean from one sound to another....But it would be nice - perhaps in future releases of new yamaha synths - to see more split/layer configurations for live applications (sic)and changing seamlessly sounds above or below split points or layering live 2 or more sounds (to 8 or 16) always working inside mixing or performance setups without limits.
The only method i found to play and changing/layering sounds live is what i described above>! It’s o.k. but could be much better!
Anyway,it’s a great synth with many options and very good sounds and we should always try to express ourselves with all the available (sometimes “hidden") options !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2017 @ 06:19 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
keramox - 22 August 2017 05:57 PM

The only method i found to play and changing/layering sounds live is what i described above>! It’s o.k. but could be much better!

Did you see my question? Not interested?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2017 @ 08:58 PM
keramox
Joined  11-17-2012

Hi 5pinDIN ! Sorry to not answer your question! Well, it’s ok with 8 splits per mixing. I think you mean 1 steady sound (bass) and 7 sounds on the right? To be more precise : i always use 1 sound on the left and one on the right ,i wanted only to change live the sounds except the Bass ! B.T.W. Many thanks Mr. 5pinDIN for your many helpful posts on this forum!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2017 @ 10:31 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
keramox - 22 August 2017 08:58 PM

Hi 5pinDIN ! Sorry to not answer your question! Well, it’s ok with 8 splits per mixing.

No problem, I just wasn’t sure if you didn’t see the message or that you needed to have more than eight splits.

keramox -

I think you mean 1 steady sound (bass) and 7 sounds on the right? To be more precise : i always use 1 sound on the left and one on the right ,i wanted only to change live the sounds except the Bass !

That’s almost exactly what I mean. Actually, you can have a choice of eight Parts (Voices) on the right, and the bass on the left. The advantage will be that a single button press will select each split. Here’s how…

1) Create a Mixing with the Voices you want on the right in the first eight Parts, Note Limits as needed. MIDI Receive Channels as default, 1 through 8.
2) Program Part 9 with your bass part, and appropriate Note Limits. Set its MIDI Receive Channel to 1. Copy that Part to the remaining Parts, 10 through 16. Set the MIDI Receive Channel of each to the next highest in succession - that is, Part 10 to Channel 2, Part 11 to Channel 3, etc., until finally Part 16 will be set to Channel 8.

Now when you press [1] you can play your first Voice on the right, and the bass on the left. When you press [2], you can play your second Voice, and the bass will again be on the left. The same with [3] through [8]. Changes should be seamless.

keramox -

B.T.W. Many thanks Mr. 5pinDIN for your many helpful posts on this forum!

Thank you. I’m glad to help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2017 @ 04:20 PM
keramox
Joined  11-17-2012

Thanks again 5pinDIN ! Your help was very useful and inspiritional for me! I hope it will be also for others in this group! You are really a precious man for all of us!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Glossary of abbreviations?
Next Topic:

Recently purchased at playkeyz... ››