mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF8: can we use MIDI OUT and USB at the same time"

Posted on: August 17, 2017 @ 04:01 PM
pierre44
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-17-2011

In my setup, I have the MOXF8 connected to a laptop using USB, and an expander connected to the MOXF8 using MIDI OUT.

I realized that as long as the MOXF8 is connected to the laptop via the USB, nothing is transmitted to the expander. If I unplug the USB cable, then events are transmitted again to the expander.

That sounds reasonable, but I would love to keep my setup without pluging/unpluging the USB depending what I need to do.

Thanks,

Pierre

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2017 @ 06:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The key to using the 5-pin ports and USB MIDI is Port 3.
See…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/473884/
...but I suggest that you first get ports working correctly in general, as you asked about in your other thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479130/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2017 @ 06:37 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

I knew 5pinDIN would beat me to it!

You can use the MIDI OUT with USB as a second MIDI port (with it’s own 16 channels) when connected to a computer.

1. Connect MOXF MIDI OUT to external device(s)

2. When playing external devices without a computer, set the MIDI IN/OUT to MIDI.

3. When playing external devices with a computer, set the MIDI IN/OUT to USB. In your DAW, use MOXF Main as the MIDI input and MOXF MIDI OUT for the output to the external device(s).

Choose USB or MIDI as the default setting based on how often you have the computer on vs. off.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ "Ports in the host app have not been properly set" in Cubase AI 9
Next Topic:

Factory recall ››