mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sq01 with motif es"

Posted on: October 17, 2015 @ 08:33 AM
Normhart
Total Posts:  10
Joined  03-22-2007

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for bringing up a topic that’s been covered many times here, but none of the solutions that have worked for others have not worked for me. I’m referring to the sq01 tone generator setup for my motif es that I just cannot get to appear despite updates (2.09) uninstalls, reinstalls and the solution provided here by Bad_Mister involving the moving of a specific file folder to the Yamaha/database/dedatabase folder. Problem is, I cannot locate the motifes folder or the files contained within - I am assuming this is a .dll I did find a folder called motifes6 that was created by a bulk receive done with the voice editor but this did not resolve the issue when copied to the sq01 database folder mentioned above. I know I can probably move to a more daw program but I kind of like the simplicity of sq01 (I have and use sonar producer). I realize that sq01 is commercial software but can someone tell me what the motifes folder actually contains and whether these files can be legally obtained from other users?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2015 @ 09:45 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I presume you’re referring to the folder mentioned in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/220395/

It appears that a zip attachment to Bad_Mister’s post is not there. I was able to find this…
http://www.dtxperience.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=220335
...but although the link to the attachment is there, the 220679-MOTIFES.zip file itself is empty (zero bytes).

Hopefully someone reading this thread will still have the 220679-MOTIFES.zip file and repost it here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2015 @ 01:10 PM
Normhart
Joined  03-22-2007

Thanks for replying. I did manage to get the Motif es selection in tone generator setup by reinstalling. But now the problem is that even being able to select the Motif as tg, I don’t get any voice listings - only the categories (user1, user2 preset1 etc.)

By the way, the thread I referred in my previous post was indeed the one you posted the proper link to.

Edit: I’ve given up on trying to find the missing voices and am using the multi-part editor to select the track voices. I can just simply bulk receive the latest user voices (I create voices frequently) or just import the voice(s) I need.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2015 @ 05:22 AM
Normhart
Joined  03-22-2007

After working out all the snags with sq01, I’ve decided not to waste any more time on this problematic (at least for me) software. The last problem was pretty much the last straw. I recorded some test tracks only to have one of them mysteriously transpose to a different key all by itself on playback after a couple of run throughs. Everything was fine on the first few playbacks, until one track inexplicably went up a semitone. Out of all the sequencer software I ever used (starting with Jim Miller’s Personal Composer in the early days of MIDI), this is the first and only time I’ve ever come across this kind of problem. Now I know why Yamaha switched over to Cubase. Back to Sonar for me....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2016 @ 06:56 PM
uniquelee
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-07-2016

I’ve found (after a few hours losing some hair!) that installing the original software onto a system with Windows XP as the OS and plenty of RAM.. it’ll work just fine. Windows 7 just won’t pick up the MIDI OUTS on the MIDI-USB driver, no matter what i tried. It recognises there’s a MIDI signal but no Yamaha Outputs 1-4 shows. Then i returned to an old fresh copy of XP Pro and bingo.

All of the help on the forums and the pdf walkthroughs will really help too.

If you would like the original disks and software, i can make them available to you as i still have the originals (as i’ve just stepped back into making music again and i’ve used some of the invaluable forum posters to resolve a few minor problems such as the remote control, which was fantastic.

I’m just getting to the point where i’m linking an old AKAI DSP12i recorder into the mix as the master recorder or as the slave via MIDI from either the Motif or via the SQ01 on the computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 11:56 AM
javelin276
Total Posts:  31
Joined  07-30-2016

I just figured out the answer to this.  On Windows-7 you have to run the SQ01 INSTALLER with XP SP3 Compatibility and Administrator privileges.  Not the app after it’s loaded, the Setup.exe Installer program.  SOL2 requires the same settings to install correctly too, I have both up and running properly.

uniquelee - 07 April 2016 06:56 PM

...Windows 7 just won’t pick up the MIDI OUTS on the MIDI-USB driver, no matter what i tried. It recognises there’s a MIDI signal but no Yamaha Outputs 1-4 shows. ...

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Aw1600
Next Topic:

Drum samples will not sound in a drum voice? ››