mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ruinous XF6 OS update?"

Posted on: July 07, 2017 @ 12:00 PM
poastell
Total Posts:  9
Joined  06-18-2012

I have been having trouble getting the xf to connect to cubase 8 and updated the os to 1.50

Afterwards I have all the voices but everything else seems to have disappeared, perform and master say ‘initialisedperform’ and ‘initialisedmaster’

Does this mean that the update has deleted everthing else or is it just hidden? Either way is there any way of recovering it?

How could an OS update delete lots of data?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2017 @ 01:25 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Did you read this in the v1.50 Readme.pdf and the Updating Procedure instructional .pdf?

Note:
By loading the All-file, all current USER data in the MOTIF XF (User Voices, Performances, Master programs, User Arpeggios, Songs, Pattern, Utility settings, User Waveforms, and Samples in the SDRAM memory) are overwritten. User Waveforms and Samples already stored in the Flash Memory are not overwritten.
If you haven’t backed up your USER data yet, please do it immediately (File Type “all“ -SAVE). All Factory Voices can be restored by performing a Factory Set (UTILITY JOB).

Did you follow that instruction, and make a backup before updating the OS?

(Note that, as stated, all FACTORY data can be recovered via a Factory Set, including Factory PERFORMANCES and MASTERS. See Resetting the User Memory to the Initial Factory Settings on page 18 of the Motif XF Owner’s Manual.  Of course, this will not assist in recovery of custom USER data that was not backed up)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2017 @ 02:39 PM
poastell
Total Posts:  9
Joined  06-18-2012

Thanks for this, very helpful. I had read the details of the readme but since the XF is new and unused I didn’t think there was anything to be backed up, i.e. that an update would be of the OS only. I was mistaken.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I screwed up...
Next Topic:

Recording two Motifs sequencer on Cubase AI6 ››