mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem with Yamaha Steinberg USB driver"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: June 29, 2017 @ 02:58 AM
Progger_Man
Total Posts:  113
Joined  01-10-2012

I just recently downloaded the latest Yamaha USB driver for my MOXF8 (1.9.10.2) from the Steinberg stite I couldn’t find it on the Yamaha site. It downloaded properly, so then I connected my USB cable from MOXF to computer. It connected properly as well, so then I opened Cubase 8. As it was loading, one thing I did notice was that with previous USB versions, it would ask me if I wanted to switch from the Generic version to MOXF ASIO USB instead. That didn’t happen this time around. Cubase loaded, and I opened a new session. As I tried to change the Audio Inputs to the MOXF USB, it was listed. Only the Generic ASIO driver was listed. I have posted pictures about the driver I’m using and how in Cubase (Audio Inputs) I only have listed the Generic ASIO driver. This is definitely not the first time I’ve done this, but this is the first time I’ve actually had problems with the Yamaha USB driver not connecting properly with my computer. Would appreciate someone’s help with this matter.

BTW, I’m running on Windows 7 (64-bit), 8 GB of RAM and have a 1TB hard drive.

Image Attachments
Yamaha USB driver.jpgCubase Audio Inputs.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2017 @ 07:50 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yamaha has recently “updated” their download sites. One for the MOXF is here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/moxf/downloads.html

However, it apparently hasn’t gone smoothly, and some important files, or the links to them, are missing. For example, Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.10-2 for Windows is listed at the site I gave, but doesn’t currently link to a download.

The difference between the older and current version, according to a Yamaha site that has the later version:
V1.9.8 to V1.9.10
* Solved a problem in which noise may occur in a certain environment.
* Solved a problem in which a certain DAW software would terminate abnormally when switching the sample rate setting.

If you’re not experiencing either of those problems, you might try using v1.9.8, or v1.9.9 which is at the link above.

What size was the v1.9.10-02 zip file you downloaded? Please also let us know the full names and dates of the files within that zip.

If you want to try another download of v1.9.10-02:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/69414
How does it compare with the previous v1.9.10-02 zip file and its contents?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2017 @ 11:04 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

I may be talking outa my arse here, but could it be down to firmware on the MoXF being too old?
I just vaguely remember (or think that I do) that it was an issue previously.

PS. I haven’t updated in ages, hence this may be just ramblings from a commuter train. ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2017 @ 01:42 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

There have been problems with older OS versions, although I’m not sure if related to the current issue. It’s certainly not a bad idea to be running the latest OS.
Version 1.12 can be downloaded here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/moxf/downloads.html#product-tabs

To check the OS version of a MOXF, press the [UTILITY] button, then press [JOB]. Read “Firm”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2017 @ 06:58 PM
Progger_Man
Joined  01-10-2012

I just updated the OS firmware to v1.12. The zip file of the USB driver was 5.7MB, but the actual setup is 3.91MB.

Upon all that, I tried connecting the USB cable from MOXF to my computer. Unfortunately, my computer is still not recognizing the Yamaha MOXF ASIO.

Any suggestions, since Yamaha always suggest to use the latest USB drivers. If not, I’ll just try using an older version.

Image Attachments
MOXF Firmware.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2017 @ 12:12 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Progger_Man - 29 June 2017 06:58 PM

I just updated the OS firmware to v1.12. The zip file of the USB driver was 5.7MB, but the actual setup is 3.91MB.

What is the date of the setup.exe file you’re using?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2017 @ 04:56 AM
jg666
Total Posts:  178
Joined  11-15-2015

I might be talking rubbish here but it’s worth mentioning this as it’s happened to me very recently!

There’s a setting on the MOXF itself which needs setting to USB rather than midi and mine was set to midi so the Melas Tools couldn’t see my MOXF even though windows could see it.

The setting is in Utility/MIDI/Other and that needs to be set to USB if connecting via USB.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2017 @ 02:27 PM
Progger_Man
Joined  01-10-2012

5pin: The date of the driver I downloaded from Steinberg was 6-26-17.

JG: I’ll definitely look into your suggestion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2017 @ 03:21 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Progger_Man - 30 June 2017 02:27 PM

5pin: The date of the driver I downloaded from Steinberg was 6-26-17.

Unlikely - that’s apparently the date you downloaded the zip file.

What’s the date of the setup.exe file contained in the zip? I’m trying to determine if you have the latest file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2017 @ 08:14 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Since I’m also Steinberg user, I have seen at Steinberg site that Yamaha-Steinberg USB driver is updated to v1.9.10-2 for Windows. But, when I’ve checked this, it seems that this update is only for Steinberg hardware like UR audio interfaces. There are no Yamaha keyboards mentioned. So I’ve decided to keep the latest 1.9.9 USB driver.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2017 @ 03:31 AM
Progger_Man
Joined  01-10-2012

5pin: I already checked the setup.exe for the USB driver, and it states 6-29-17. For some reason, it’s not giving me the date this actual driver was created.

nbadesign: I did notice that, so I’ll probably just end up going back to the v1.99. BTW, is your computer recognizing that particular driver when connecting to Cubase? And is your keyboard updated to the latest MOXF OS firmware?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2017 @ 08:36 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Progger_Man - 04 July 2017 03:31 AM

5pin: I already checked the setup.exe for the USB driver, and it states 6-29-17. For some reason, it’s not giving me the date this actual driver was created.

The Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.10-2 for Win 10/8.1/7(SP1) from this location…
http://download.yamaha.com/file/69414
...has the setup.exe dated 6/7/17. Sometimes Yamaha makes minor changes in files without changing the version number. (I’m unaware of anything more recent, such as 6/29/17 you’ve mentioned.)

I’m not suggesting that particular driver would resolve your problem, but it might be worth trying if you haven’t already done so. Otherwise the V1.9.9 driver should work, as long as you’re not experiencing the problems I mentioned previously.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2017 @ 01:54 PM
ashbeauty
Total Posts:  18
Joined  05-30-2011

I’m having trouble with my new Dell/Windows 10 loading/starting the new Yamaha Steinberg USB driver (date created 6/7). Windows sees it but gives an error message and says it cannot start. I have MotifXS8 and if I uninstall the driver and connect the mxs8 my laptop recognizes it, but says it has no driver. If I install the driver, it lists the driver under Sound Controllers, but then doesn’t recognize the motifxs8 and if I try to manually connect the two (associate the driver with the motif) it errors out and says it cannot start. Ugh! What to do??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2017 @ 02:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
ashbeauty - 04 July 2017 01:54 PM

I’m having trouble with my new Dell/Windows 10 loading/starting the new Yamaha Steinberg USB driver (date created 6/7). Windows sees it but gives an error message and says it cannot start. I have MotifXS8 and if I uninstall the driver and connect the mxs8 my laptop recognizes it, but says it has no driver. If I install the driver, it lists the driver under Sound Controllers, but then doesn’t recognize the motifxs8 and if I try to manually connect the two (associate the driver with the motif) it errors out and says it cannot start. Ugh! What to do??

Since answers are often different for different models, the first thing to do is post your question in the proper forum.
For an XS, that would be:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewforum/108/

When you do that, please provide the full exact filename of the driver you are attempting to use.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2017 @ 08:15 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Progger_Man - 04 July 2017 03:31 AM

nbadesign: I did notice that, so I’ll probably just end up going back to the v1.99. BTW, is your computer recognizing that particular driver when connecting to Cubase? And is your keyboard updated to the latest MOXF OS firmware?

Sorry for late reply, I missed this for some reason. My MOXF is updated with the latest firmware v1.12 and I’m using YS USB driver 1.99. Laptop is HP with Windows 7 64bit and I have both Cubase 8 pro and 9 pro (latest updates of both versions). Recognized driver when MOXF is connected is “Yamaha-Steinberg MOXF”.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2017 @ 02:47 AM
jg666
Total Posts:  178
Joined  11-15-2015

Did you check your midi settings on your MOXF as well? (see my earlier post)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ User preset View
Next Topic:

Change Volume polarity of Two Voices in Performance mode? ››