mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS and OsSierra 10.12.5 usb driver"

Posted on: June 14, 2017 @ 10:17 AM
W0lfgang
Total Posts:  222
Joined  07-14-2009

Hello,

I’m so glad to see that forum alive.. :)

After some years of studio production daily work, my motif xs has to play again on stage. So I tried to connect it to a MacBook Pro Retina mid 2015, with OsSierra 10.12.5.

I tried to install the latest Yamaha-Steinberg usb driver (1.9.10) and then and before of that the latest Yamaha usb-driver (1.3.2), but I can’t make it works. Any softwares recognize my motif xs.

So I started wondering what’s the right driver and if it works with my OS. Should I check for newest drivers in motif XF pages?

Thanks so much..!! All the Best,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2017 @ 11:29 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
W0lfgang - 14 June 2017 10:17 AM

[...]I tried to install the latest Yamaha-Steinberg usb driver (1.9.10)

You appear to have an XS8, based on your avatar picture. It can do MIDI over USB, or MIDI and audio over FireWire (mLAN). The Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver is for models that do MIDI and audio over USB, such as the MOX, MOXF, and MX, not the XS. If you want to use the FireWire interface, you’ll need the correct Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver for you computer’s OS. It will also require that the correct firmware (v 1.07) is installed for the mLAN16E2, and that “mLAN” is selected for MIDI In/Out in Utility mode - see below.

W0lfgang -

and then and before of that the latest Yamaha usb-driver (1.3.2), but I can’t make it works. Any softwares recognize my motif xs.

If you want to connect your XS to your computer via USB, then the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver version 1.3.2 should work. Make sure that your XS is set to communicate over USB…
Press [UTILITY] > [F5](Control) > [SF2](MIDI)
Make sure Interface MIDI In/Out is set to USB
(Set to mLAN if using FW.)
Press [STORE] if you want to keep the setting.

See (4)MIDI In/Out on pages 267-268 of the XS Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2017 @ 11:40 AM
W0lfgang
Joined  07-14-2009
5pinDIN - 14 June 2017 11:29 AM
W0lfgang - 14 June 2017 10:17 AM

[...]I tried to install the latest Yamaha-Steinberg usb driver (1.9.10)

You appear to have an XS8, based on your avatar picture. It can do MIDI over USB, or MIDI and audio over FireWire (mLAN). The Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver is for models that do MIDI and audio over USB, such as the MOX, MOXF, and MX, not the XS. If you want to use the FireWire interface, you’ll need the correct Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver for you computer’s OS. It will also require that the correct firmware (v 1.07) is installed for the mLAN16E2, and that “mLAN” is selected for MIDI In/Out in Utility mode - see below.

W0lfgang -

and then and before of that the latest Yamaha usb-driver (1.3.2), but I can’t make it works. Any softwares recognize my motif xs.

If you want to connect your XS to your computer via USB, then the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver version 1.3.2 should work. Make sure that your XS is set to communicate over USB…
Press [UTILITY] > [F5](Control) > [SF2](MIDI)
Make sure Interface MIDI In/Out is set to USB
(Set to mLAN if using FW.)
Press [STORE] if you want to keep the setting.

See (4)MIDI In/Out on pages 267-268 of the XS Owner’s Manual.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply.
Yes, it’s an xs8, and I just need it as usb midi controller. In the past, with my old macbook pro, I was able to use it also as audio interface (firewire). I don’t know why I mentioned the steinberg yamaha driver (that is supposed for audio interfaces). But I had it installed in the past because I had a steinberg interface and I made also that shot.
Just to be clear, I’m daily using the xs8 as midi controller plugged in my windows machine,
and I can assure you it’s properly setted.
But this time it wasn’t working, and I was afraid because 10.12 is not listed as compatible with these drivers.
I’ll try again once back in the studio, hoping for the best!
Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2017 @ 12:42 PM
W0lfgang
Joined  07-14-2009

Solved.

I may be wrong but I solved the problem installing the drivers version 1.3.2-2mx-2.

Thanks a lot for the great and super-fast support! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2017 @ 12:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
W0lfgang - 14 June 2017 11:40 AM

[...]But this time it wasn’t working, and I was afraid because 10.12 is not listed as compatible with these drivers.
I’ll try again once back in the studio, hoping for the best!

Yamaha says that the USB-MIDI Driver for Mac version 1.3.2 is compatible with Sierra OS (10.12). It should work.

See http://download.yamaha.com/file/57068

W0lfgang -

Thanks again

You’re welcome.

EDIT: You posted while I wrote the above. I’m glad you got things working.
For anyone else looking for the v1.3.2 driver:
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/software/2/312272/um132-2mx.zip

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ hooking up xs to macbook pro
Next Topic:

Import x3a-file to Motif XS ››