mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sample voice from other module to Motif XF?"

Posted on: June 07, 2017 @ 12:59 PM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Hi, I have a Motif XF6, I also have (from the dark ages), a Roland SC-88vl sound module, I really like the piano on the Roland, how much of a hassle would it be to sample the piano on the Roland so I can use it as a voice on the XF?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2017 @ 08:45 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

To have it respond exactly as it does when playing the Roland, a major hassle. If you have never done any sampling, this will be a major undertaking.

-- Sample at as many velocities as you feel you need (minimum is probably four, more is better)

-- Decide if you want to sample the full decay (takes up more memory space) or use a shorter loop.

-- Decide if you want to sample every note (takes up more memory space), if not, how many notes between samples?

-- Create a Voice using the samples you made, possibly starting with existing piano Voices and replacing the waveforms with your own, then fine tuning the voice parameters as needed.

-- Possibly buy sampling tools to simplify the process for you...$$$

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Seq Transport XF7 with Mainstage 3
Next Topic:

Sequencer Memory Full ››