mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Seq Transport XF7 with Mainstage 3"

Posted on: June 07, 2017 @ 05:27 AM
antho78
Total Posts:  1
Joined  06-07-2017

Happy owner of a Motif XF7 recently, I would like to be able to launch from my keyboard “Playback” on Mainstage with the “Play” key of Seq Transport.
Unfortunately, the key is not “recognized” and I can not assign it to the “Play” button of Mainstage.
For info, the XF7 is connected in midi via an interface Edirol Um-880.
Second info, my old Motif7 could do this action to launch “Playback” via the Play key of the Seq Transport.
Does anyone have an idea to help me please?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2017 @ 10:06 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

In Song or Pattern mode, pressing [â–º](Play) will cause a Start message “FA” to be sent by the XF via MIDI.

In Song mode, if there’s no sequencer data, that will be shortly followed by the “FC” Stop message. If sequencer data exists, the sequence will play, with “FC” sent at the end.

In Pattern mode, with no sequenced data, “FA” will be sent and the XF “plays” nothing. If there are sequenced Sections, they will play, with “FC” sent when the sequencer is stopped.

I believe that both the UM-880 and MainStage can be set to filter certain MIDI messages. You might want to verify that the “FA” Start message isn’t being filtered out by either.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Flash Memory problem
Next Topic:

Sample voice from other module to Motif XF? ››