mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mox 6 with Logic Pro X"

Posted on: May 21, 2017 @ 11:15 AM
Trev
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-21-2017

Hello,

I am new as a member here, but have read many threads before and I need a little help please.

I have a Mox6 that I have been using for a few years now. Up until recently I had the audio outputs direct into my mixer, but after a change round of my room it is now quite far away from the mixer.

For convenience sake I thought that I would send the audio from the Mox over USB, along with the MIDI and then send all of the audio out through my Focusrite Scarlett.

The MIDI works fine, as it always has, I seem to be getting audio from the Mox as the LED ladder lights are showing levels, but I cannot hear anything.

Local CTRL is off, and my preferences on Logic are set as Mox input and Scarlett output.

Can anyone give me any help, I could just use audio cables straight into my mixer again, but I liked the idea of using the USB.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2017 @ 06:59 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Trev,

Welcome to Motifator.

I’m not perfectly sure that what you’re trying to do will ever work between a MOX and another interface even though Logic clearly allows you to specify different input and output interfaces, but if you do get it working, you will have created a situation where you are monitoring your MOX POST DAW, after it has gone through the computer, and that could make things sound rather latent, unmusical and unusable for you.

For the best musical experience, the MOX is designed to be monitored via its left and right analog audio outputs, which give you a PRE, direct monitoring state, allowing you to play your MOX and record it over USB with minimal latency.

I recommend either going back to monitoring with your mixer using longer cables, or cabling the MOX left and right analogue outputs directly into your Scarlett’s line inputs and monitoring the MOX through a stereo audio track set to those inputs in Logic.  You can then kick that audio track into record to capture the MOX’s audio any time you like.

If you want to record audio from your MOX via USB, then I recommend cabling your left and right audio outputs to your mixer or plugging headphones into your MOX, then setting the MOX as your input AND output interface in Logic for the duration of that task.

Once the audio from the MOX has been captured, you can go back to using your Scarlett as your primary interface.

You can keep the MOX USB cable for MIDI at all times.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2017 @ 05:12 PM
Trev
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-21-2017

I had come to much the same conclusion, it should work in theory, but not in practice.

Thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2017 @ 05:57 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

You’re welcome.

I expect the latency would be pretty bad by the time the signal gets to and through your Scarlett.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ CARS GARY NUMAN PATCH OH GREAT & POWERFUL BADMISTER
Next Topic:

MOX6 connection to iPad ››