mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Driving MOXF and A 2nd MIDI Keyboard From Cubase"

Posted on: May 14, 2017 @ 03:34 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

I have Cubase 8 connected to my MOXF via USB and another MIDI keyboard is connected to my MOXF via the standard MIDI IN and OUT ports. MIDI I/O is configured to USB on the MOXF.  From the non-MOXF keyboard, I can record into Cubase, however, when I play the MIDI track in Cubase back it’s only playing a voice in my MOXF.  I would at least expect that both the MOXF and the second MIDI keyboard would play at the same time as they are both set to receive on MIDI channel 1.

When I set the MOXF’s MIDI I/O to MIDI, I can play the second MIDI keyboard from the MOX, but now the second MIDI keyboard won’t respond to Cubase. 

I have also tried both output routings of Port 1 and Port 3, but am not able to get Cubase to trigger the second MIDI keyboard.

What am I doing wrong?

Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2017 @ 04:15 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

When using USB MIDI, the MIDI jacks on the MOXF are connected to a different MIDI Port. The MOXF itself is port 1, the MIDI OUT is port 3.  Cubase can communicate with both ports. See page 54 of the Reference Manual.

If you need both the MOXF and the other instrument to play the same thing, you need to route the MIDI data to both ports, which in Cubase requires you to duplicate the MIDI track.

When selecting MIDI instead of USB in the Utility menu, there is no connection to the computer and only a single MIDI port.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ motifxf8 to moxf8 comparison
Next Topic:

how to turn off effects on Audio inputs ››