mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Some MOXF Questions"

Posted on: April 24, 2017 @ 12:20 PM
dv01
Total Posts:  41
Joined  07-27-2012

Hi everyone and experts,

I own a Yamaha Motif XF7 and decided to buy a MOXF6.  I have some questions regarding loading ALL file to the keyboard.  Firstly, will I get all the sounds from the XF if I try to load the XF’s .X3A to the MOXF one?  Secondly, can the 512MB flash hold all the stuffs I load from the ALL file?  My XF’s All file is about 488MB so do you think the 512MB flash will suit my needs?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Shane

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2017 @ 02:40 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The MOXF is compatible with XF Voice, Performance, Arpeggio, Mix Template, and Waveform data. Sequencer data is not compatible, nor are effects added by XF OS 1.50 or Voices dependent on those effects.

There’s more to consider. The XF has four User Voice banks, while the MOXF has three. The XF has four Performance banks, the MOXF two. Obviously not all User Voices or Performances from an XF will fit in a MOXF. However, if your XF has the factory Voices in USER 1, those are in MOXF PRE 9, so in that case the loss of one User Voice bank shouldn’t matter, other than having to reprogram any Performances that might point to those Voice locations.

To transfer Songs or Patterns, they can first be converted to SMFs on the XF. The Mix Templates can be used to help reestablish Mixes.

The flash module data should fit, since it apparently fit in the module installed in your XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2017 @ 02:48 PM
dv01
Joined  07-27-2012

Thanks a lot for your quick reply 5pinDIn.  It’s always you lol.  That answered most of my questions.  I think I know what to do now. 
Shane

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2017 @ 12:50 PM
dv01
Joined  07-27-2012

Hi 5pinDIN,
I have another question.  I am trying to load a single performance from X3A file(my XF all file) to my new MOXF6 and somehow there is no arpeggios looping for my trance sound although my XF7 works fine.  Do you know why the arpeggios being cut off?
Thanks a lot for you time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2017 @ 02:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Loading a single Performance doesn’t load the Voices that its Parts use, or User Arps.

If the required Voices are all Presets, there shouldn’t be a problem. If any are User Voices, make sure they’re loaded to User locations where the Performance expects to find them.

If the Arps are User ones, they’ll have to be loaded separately. You can create an “All Arp” .X3G file on the XF, and load that to the MOXF, then make sure the Arps are pointed to correctly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2017 @ 11:04 AM
dv01
Joined  07-27-2012

Hm.  That’s what I am missing - the User’s Arps.  That’s it.  Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]