mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Apple Bluetooth keyboard for XF?"

Posted on: April 26, 2017 @ 03:36 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Can an Apple Bluetooth (wireless) keyboard be connected to Motif XF? I recall seeing some type of Yamaha wireless adapter made for MIDI, I believe.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2017 @ 07:39 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If the keyboard came with a class compliant USB Bluetooth transceiver it should work. The Apple keyboard does not come with one, because it uses the Bluetooth built into Apple devices.

What you read about is using a USB wifi adapter to allow network connections the same as the wired Ethernet port does.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2017 @ 12:21 AM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2017 @ 09:34 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dsetto - 26 April 2017 03:36 PM

Can an Apple Bluetooth (wireless) keyboard be connected to Motif XF? I recall seeing some type of Yamaha wireless adapter made for MIDI, I believe.

If you want to take advantage of the features available with a USB ASCII keyboard, but need cordless operation, it’s possible to use a wireless keyboard. As meatballfulton noted, the key thing is that the USB adapter (which would plug into the Motif’s TO DEVICE port) be class compliant. That is, it should not need a proprietary driver to be installed - the necessary driver would already exist in the Motif’s OS. If the adapter comes with software on a disc (CD/DVD), that’s a sign it likely won’t work with your Motif.

You might find this older thread interesting:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/416307/

[ Ignore ]