mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Xf newbie"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: April 21, 2017 @ 09:22 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

Jen,
The waveforms required by some of the libraries will be stored on the flash expansion boards ie Chick’s Rhodes, Inspiration In A Flash etc.
To see the list of waveforms on FL1 & FL2, press [UTILITY] then Press [F6] FLASH.
The attached guide by BadMister is fairly in-depth for newcomers.
My advice would be to wait for 5pinDIN’s further guidance.

File Attachments
Flash Memory Expansion Modules.pdf  (File Size: 143KB - Downloads: 140)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2017 @ 10:49 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Ste the drum - 21 April 2017 07:35 AM

hi took me a while to work out how to zip and send the files but are here
now showing user banks 1a,2a,3a,4a

Thanks for doing that. Here’s what I’ve determined, based on seeing just the “A” groups…

Voice Bank USER 1 appears to be factory XF Voices

Voice Bank USER 2 appears to be the first two out of 16 possible Voices from the Neo-Soul Rhodes library by Gospel Musicians, the remainder factory XF Voices.

Voice Bank USER 3 appears to be the first two out of several possible Voices from the Signature Piano Virtual C7 library by K-Sounds, the remainder factory XS Voices.

Voice Bank USER 4 appears to be Voices from the Vintage Keys library by DCP Productions.

Ste the drum -

as you asked
usb back in motif ,set to all, inspiration, enter
shows this inspiration in a flash 1.x3A

Based on this and what you’ve previously posted, I can’t tell if what’s on the USB drive is complete original files or edited copies, etc.

The original Yamaha file would be “InspirationInAFlash1.X3A”, for example, with no spaces.

Ste the drum -

i did place usb in my laptop before and runs on windows 7
the list in previous post was obtained on this, by highlighting each folder

i did download a reader to open the files on computer but said they exceeded the mb limit so arrrrrrrr

do i take it that whatever is on usb ..like lists of voices etc can never be viewed before loading

I was trying to avoid overwhelming you and your dad, but since seeing what’s in the files could be helpful, there’s a way to do that.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/471313
(Thanks to Motifator member Michael Trigoboff !)
Download motif2text_v1.1.zip and readme.pdf from the first post in that thread. Install motif2text on your computer. It can create text files which show the Voices, Performances, etc., in X3A (Motif XF “All” files), X0A (Motif XS “All” files, which are compatible with the XF), and other XF and XS file types.

If you save an All/X3A file of the current XF contents to a USB drive, using the motif2text program you could see what’s there now.

Ste the drum -

also what is stored on the 2 x flash boards to use storage up

You can see what’s on FL1/FL2.
Press[UTILITY]
Press [F6](Flash)
Select FL1 or FL2
Scroll through the Waveform List for each.
The “used by” line will tell you which Voice uses that Waveform, as long as at least one of the currently loaded Voices do indeed use a particular Waveform. It’s possible that some Waveforms on the flash modules might be for Voices that aren’t currently loaded, so the “used by” line might be blank.

The motif2text output could also help in that regard.

Ste the drum -

this appears to be a complicated system ,i know i am not a keyboard player but dad has had a roland g8 previously and i only had to read a few things and he got to grips.

Yes, the Motif XF can initially be a challenge.

Some of the libraries you have can be loaded into the 128MB RAM, and some appear to not need to load samples at all. In some cases, loading only one bank at a time, rather than an entire “All” file, can make it possible to avoid installing Samples/Waveforms to the flash modules.

Understanding how that works is itself somewhat complicated. There are two support articles here that explain the operations in an attempt to help with understanding the nuances.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session

I again suggest doing nothing until you’ve seen what’s in the library files you have (using motif2text), and have read the support articles I linked to.

Ste the drum -

once again thanks for your patience,,jen and ste,,,,

You’re welcome, again.

The “problem” is that any file loading will overwrite at least part of what’s now in the XF Voices, Performances, etc., so it can get messy until the XF operation is understood. Please ask your dad to be patient and just enjoy what’s currently loaded to the XF for now.

Last questions (for now)…
Do you have the XF Owner’s Manual?
Do you have the XF Reference Manual?
...either paper or PDF versions.
If so, I can refer you to specific pages as necessary, so that you can help your dad.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2017 @ 12:38 PM
Ste the drum
Total Posts:  13
Joined  04-20-2017

Yes dad has all manuals,,the inspirationinaflashAflash1.x3A does not have any spaces sorry dads mistake txt not great for him, so I guess that’s a original what ever it is lol,,,I hope to spend some time over weekend to help him,thanks jen

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2017 @ 01:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Ste the drum - 21 April 2017 12:38 PM

Yes dad has all manuals,,the inspirationinaflashAflash1.x3A does not have any spaces sorry dads mistake txt not great for him, so I guess that’s a original what ever it is lol,,,I hope to spend some time over weekend to help him,thanks jen

I’m somewhat reluctant to suggest this, but if you find the time/patience, take a look at the File Management section of the XF Reference Manual, pages 234-248. I know there’s a lot to absorb there, but if you get a general idea of the operation and terminology, it will help. If any of that or other information I’ve referred to generates questions, please ask.

Just don’t panic - things will become clearer.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2017 @ 01:38 PM
Ste the drum
Total Posts:  13
Joined  04-20-2017

hi all my bros being with dad helping with pc

download the motif2text worked a treat at least he can see what he has ,even if does not understand yet how he loads them.
he was thinking he had being had and the files or voices were not available to load ,,,,as guy was a young stud,not a great player but very tec wise, who flew through xf stuff and dad was to embarrassed to say anything,,,so he just sat and played,,, and that he can.

i will look at the support articles you referred to over weekend,have a good one to all,jen

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 80s Soundset 1 and 2
Next Topic:

Using patterns, various question ››