mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif-Rack XS doesn’t stop playing when I do."

Posted on: November 26, 2016 @ 03:44 PM
Garrison
Total Posts:  50
Joined  12-03-2015

Why do I always have to hit the ‘Audition” button on the rack 2 times to stop it from playing after recording.
As a matter of fact, every time I sample anything, it continues to play notes I’m not triggering and I have to hit button on the rack 2 times to stop it.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2016 @ 07:22 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I presume you’re using gear beyond the Rack XS, since it has neither built-in recording capability nor sampling.

Are you using XS Voices that have Arps with Arp Hold turned on? The [AUDITION] button can be switched via Utility mode to an Arp on/off function - if that’s been done, using the button as you described would stop any held Arps.

If that’s what’s happening, you could turn Arp Hold off as needed, but then a trigger key would have to be kept depressed (or a sustain pedal used), or the Arps would stop with release of the trigger key(s).

If the above doesn’t seem to describe what you’re experiencing, please provide more detail. What gear is involved, and how is it connected?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2016 @ 09:57 PM
Garrison
Joined  12-03-2015

Thanks for replying!
I’m using Logic 10.
FW16E.
Enviroment is set and working fine.  All Patches to Voices and Multi’s are there.
Roland PCR 800 is the controller transmitting channel 1.
When I record a sequence then stop, the Motif Rack just keeps playing the Audition.
That’s when I have to push the Audition button twice to stop.
I’d like the Motif to start when I start to play and stop when I stop playing.

In addition, I wish I could get each of the the 4 channels of the Multi to record to the 4 indivual MIDI
Tracks at the same time.
At the moment all records to one MIDI track.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2016 @ 11:10 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome, but I’m at a bit of a disadvantage because the Rack XS functions somewhat differently than the keyboard model, and I don’t use the Logic DAW. However, I did some searching, and I’m hopeful that the following threads will be of some help.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/458150/

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/467745/

-------------

Then there’s this, from the Rack XS Owner’s Manual Troubleshooting, page 110:
Playback continues without stopping
* When the [AUDITION] button is turned on, press it again
so that its lamp turns off.

Unfortunately, that’s something you’re obviously already aware of.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2016 @ 06:38 PM
Garrison
Joined  12-03-2015

Thank you for all the help, but after following all links and suggestions the problem remains.😒
I did figure a work around to record each of the 4 channels on seporate tracks, but it’s too time consuming for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2016 @ 07:15 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Garrison - 27 November 2016 06:38 PM

Thank you for all the help, but after following all links and suggestions the problem remains.😒

I’m sorry that the links didn’t help. Hopefully someone more familiar with the Rack XS will post with some suggestions.

Garrison -

I did figure a work around to record each of the 4 channels on seporate tracks, but it’s too time consuming for me.

I don’t know exactly what you’re experiencing. Cubase has a function to “Dissolve Tracks”. This seems like a similar function in Logic X:
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13044?locale=en_US

If that doesn’t do what you need, let us know and perhaps a Logic user will chime in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 10, 2017 @ 09:09 PM
Garrison
Joined  12-03-2015

I’ll give it a go. Thank you very much

[ Ignore ]