mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transferring Performances (with lots of info/changes/created voices) from MO8 to XF8"

Posted on: April 04, 2017 @ 03:25 PM
djfl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-24-2015

I’m sure this question has been asked before, but how would I go about doing this and what info would be lost?

I’m assuming voices that I created on the MO8 (some effects etc changed) wouldn’t transfer over, so what would the XF8 put in its place? Stuff like split points and octave settings is just settings, so I’m assuming it would transfer easily?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2017 @ 04:36 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The MO is compatible with the ES and the XF can load ES format voice files natively. As you probably know, performances are not directly portable. Any voices you have used in your MO performances that are not available in the XF already could be loaded into the USR banks, including any of your own edited voices.

The XF will translate ES/MO effects settings when it imports the voices. If you tweaked the effects further in the performances, then you will have to do so again in the XF. Unlike the MO, each voice in an XF performance can retain it’s original insert effects.

[ Ignore ]