mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Assignable function"

Posted on: March 28, 2017 @ 12:26 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-02-2017

Hello all,
I can’t seem to find any help trying to use the AF buttons to turn on/off voices in a performance, the only way I can see to allocate them is thru UTILITY, and won’t that affect all performances?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2017 @ 01:30 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Jetsetcarwash - 28 March 2017 12:26 PM

Hello all,
I can’t seem to find any help trying to use the AF buttons to turn on/off voices in a performance, the only way I can see to allocate them is thru UTILITY, and won’t that affect all performances?

Is there a reason you wouldn’t want to do this using [PERFORMANCE CONTROL], with [MUTE] or [SOLO] buttons.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2017 @ 10:16 AM
Jetsetcarwash
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-02-2017

That’s what I was doing, just wondered if they had any use other than what was preset by voice? And could use left hand.....probs sensible to stick with mute? Regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2017 @ 11:33 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Jetsetcarwash - 29 March 2017 10:16 AM

That’s what I was doing, just wondered if they had any use other than what was preset by voice? And could use left hand.....probs sensible to stick with mute? Regards

In Performance mode you also have the option of using the Control Sliders to affect the volume of each of the four Parts.

Programming of the Assignable Function buttons is done at the Voice level. At the Performance level, using the Receive Switch settings, you can program whether those Voice AF functions will be turned on or not for each Part.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2017 @ 07:51 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

“Control Sliders”!? You posh Motif people. ;-)
Us MoXF peasants have endless rotary encoders, but you’re right, they can be used for volume and pan of parts in a performance. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2017 @ 09:20 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
zpink - 30 March 2017 07:51 AM

“Control Sliders”!? You posh Motif people. ;-)
Us MoXF peasants have endless rotary encoders, but you’re right, they can be used for volume and pan of parts in a performance. :-)

Sorry, I did have a memory lapse about that. Thanks for the correction.

Hmm, so many Motif/MO models to keep track of…  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2017 @ 11:40 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Here’s what you do. Lets say you have 3 voices in your Performance

Take Voice 1 and edit every Element to articulate (play) with All AF Off. EVERY Element the Voice uses. Save.
Take Voice 2 and edit every Element to play with AF1 On. Save…
Take Voice 3 and .... yes, ... AF2 On. Save…

Voila, Voice 1 will play with all AF buttons off, Voice 2 plays with AF1 on, Voice 3 plays with AF2 on.  You can program a foot switch to activate/deactivate one of the AF buttons, I have my foot switch set to activate AF1 on/off.

Voice 4? You’re out of luck, use Performance Mode and turn parts on and off

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ audio issue IOS 10.2.1 & firmware1.12
Next Topic:

freq sweep ››