mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF XF8 Voices for “Everybody Wants to The Rule the World” & maybe swap patches/MIDI files."

Posted on: March 27, 2017 @ 09:35 PM
synthmax
Total Posts:  56
Joined  05-13-2012

Hi there everybody (who wants to rule the world, LOL),

I am doing a duo with a singer and we are doing a lot of synth-based material from the eighties. I am programming some backing tracks at present for the Tears for Fears number “Everybody Wants to The Rule the World”. Great song, but I need help, as some of the synth patches/voices are proving difficult to program for me. I’m still very slow at synthesis and I’m finding getting the sounds right very time-consuming.

Just wondering if anyone or anyone who knows somebody who has programmed the patches for that song on a MOTIF XF (without expansion), who would be be willing to share those patches with me. In particular, I need the two synth pad sounds that make up the signature “bow-bow” riff of the song. There is a big analogue “bow-bow” that plays after the picked guitar at the start and then a smaller softer FM “bow-bow” that continues the riff under the verse vocals. I’m pretty sure both patches play together in unison at the start of the song.

Would love to get in touch with someone has has done some patches for the S70/90, ES, XS, XF for covers of songs from the eighties and swap some voices and MIDI files with them.

Any help whatsoever on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Grant

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2017 @ 11:38 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Have you checked out PERFORMANCE USR 1 B:03 (PERFORMANCE 19) RULE THE EARTH?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2017 @ 05:23 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

Highly recommend the 80s Pop/Rock Soundsets Vol I and II.
Vol I has 4 voices and 1 performance of that song -
USR1 E2-E5 and A16 respectively
All voices use internal waveforms.

File Attachments
80s Pop-Rock Chart.pdf  (File Size: 325KB - Downloads: 486)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2017 @ 01:25 AM
synthmax
Total Posts:  56
Joined  05-13-2012

Thanks for your kind responses guys.

cmayhle - “USR 1 B:03 (PERFORMANCE 19) RULE THE EARTH” is in the ball park, but the timbre is not really right.

jimbowal - Yes, I had a listen to his work. Every voice is very, very close to to the original. Great stuff, he really knows what he’s doing. I have decided to go ahead and order “80s Pop/Rock Soundsets Vol I”. Have you bought any of Rick’s stuff? It looks like I have to wait for an email with the file attached or a download link. Any idea as to how long it usually takes him to respond?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2017 @ 05:45 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

Several forum members have commented that sometimes it is slow to get a response or there were issues with the purchase.
The other (and quicker alternative) is to buy from YamahaMusicSoft online - https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/synth/80s-poprock-soundset-volume-1
You then get the download link straight away.
Unfortunately I don’t think the Motifator Shop sells it anymore either?

[ Ignore ]