mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Remove user arps?"

Posted on: March 20, 2017 @ 02:16 AM
blafot
Total Posts:  105
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi.
I need to delete all user arps cause I need that memory to the sequencer.
How can I do that?
Without a reset of moxf?
Load and empty arp-file?
I need to load One more song for saterday.
I have 300kb of user arps… So deleting those Will do it.

But how?
/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2017 @ 11:12 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Do User Arps use sequencer memory in the MOXF? They don’t in the XF, but there are sequencer differences between the two models.

I’ve attached a zipped .X3G file that I created. It has only two Arps in it, both the same single note one I made. This file is less than 1 kB (actually about 600 Bytes), so if you think that will make a difference, you could try loading it. Please SAVE an “AllArp” .X6G file of your own User Arps to a USB drive beforehand, so that they could be restored at a later time.

File Attachments
TwoSmallArps.zip  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 129)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2017 @ 11:26 AM
blafot
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi 5pinDin.

I think they do cause when I started this project I cleared all songs, mixes and pattern. Only had voices, performances and waveforms (on flash) left. And… my arps. Selected a Perf and hit record and Info (not recording) said It was ~300kb in use…
So I guess it uses seq memory. And its a phrase from a pattern-sequence so… Why not…

I will try your ARP-file and of course I will save an ALL-file before. ALWAYS save an ALL file. Better to have too many of them in case.

Thanx.
/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2017 @ 12:50 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
blafot - 20 March 2017 11:26 AM

I think they do cause when I started this project I cleared all songs, mixes and pattern. Only had voices, performances and waveforms (on flash) left. And… my arps. Selected a Perf and hit record and Info (not recording) said It was ~300kb in use…

I’ll preface this by stating that I know more about the XS/XF architecture than I do about the MOX/MOXF. However…

What I’ve read in posts from other MOXF owners indicates that fully clearing sequencer memory requires more steps than might be obvious. Apparently after clearing each area/mode, you have to press [STORE] before moving to another mode. Otherwise, the clearing doesn’t actually take place. In addition, to clear the buffer after clearing all Songs or Patterns, you have to select another Song/Pattern than the current one, then reselect the previous one. If you didn’t go through all of those steps, there may have been more left in sequencer memory than expected.

I also wonder about there being 300 kB of your User Arps. Experience with my XF is that 256 User Arps (the maximum number possible) produce a file of only a bit over 150 kB. How large an “AllArp” .X6G file results from what is currently loaded in your MOXF? That could provide a basic idea of Arp size.

blafot -

So I guess it uses seq memory. And its a phrase from a pattern-sequence so… Why not…

In the XF at least, “Put Track to Arp” creates a User ARP that doesn’t use sequencer memory, and clearing the Song/Pattern it came from frees that memory. Again, the MOXF might be different.

blafot -

I will try your ARP-file and of course I will save an ALL-file before. ALWAYS save an ALL file. Better to have too many of them in case.

OK. Please let us know the outcome, and also what size “AllArp” .X6G file is created.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2017 @ 02:10 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

5pinDIN, I can definitely verify the process you described above for the MOX.

If I don’t press STORE after deleting each song or pattern, then once I turn the MOX off and then on again the old stuff shows up as though I never went through the delete process.  I literally have to press store after each delete on my MOX I do not have this issue on my Motif.  I don’t know why the MOX has this behavior (maybe a setting somewhere) but it does :-(

If someone finds a different process for deleting on the MOX please post.  This can be a pain in the @##, especially if you’re in a hurry, between sets, etc.,.,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2017 @ 03:20 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
lastmonk - 20 March 2017 02:10 PM

5pinDIN, I can definitely verify the process you described above for the MOX.

Thanks for verifying that behavior.

lastmonk -

If I don’t press STORE after deleting each song or pattern, then once I turn the MOX off and then on again the old stuff shows up as though I never went through the delete process.  I literally have to press store after each delete on my MOX I do not have this issue on my Motif.  I don’t know why the MOX has this behavior (maybe a setting somewhere) but it does :-(

If someone finds a different process for deleting on the MOX please post.  This can be a pain in the @##, especially if you’re in a hurry, between sets, etc.,.,

Just to be “clear” about this…
If the intent is to remove all Songs or Patterns (as opposed to one at a time), with the Song or Pattern “Clear” Job the number can be set to “all”. That will clear locations 1 through 64 in a single operation. Using STORE right afterward would still be required to make the operation permanent.

I don’t know why the difference, but my XS and XF definitely don’t require STORE after clearing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2017 @ 03:58 PM
blafot
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi.

Hmm.... I used JOB and CLEAR ALL to remove all songs and patterns. After restart of MOXF next day all songs where gone but still 300 kb used of memory.
Dont remeber if I pressed store....
Will save an ALL-file and save a ALL SONG-file and then clear all again and load the songs.
Hope to net have any problem cause I can not redo all the work in days… but the ALL-file can be usefull in that case.

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2017 @ 04:42 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
blafot - 20 March 2017 03:58 PM

Hmm.... I used JOB and CLEAR ALL to remove all songs and patterns. After restart of MOXF next day all songs where gone but still 300 kb used of memory.

Were all Patterns gone as well?

blafot -

Dont remeber if I pressed store....

[STORE] should be pressed after each Clear operation.

blafot -

Will save an ALL-file and save a ALL SONG-file and then clear all again and load the songs.
Hope to net have any problem cause I can not redo all the work in days… but the ALL-file can be usefull in that case.

I wouldn’t want you to try anything that might cause loss of your data. Having said that…

To determine whether User Arps load to sequencer memory, and if so what amount that is for your Arps, here’s a procedure that should work:
1) Save an “All” .X6A file. In fact, I’d suggest saving it on two different storage devices, just to be sure.
2) Do a Factory reset, then Clear all Songs, Patterns, Mixings, pressing [STORE] each time.
3) Verify that the sequencer memory then indicates 0(zero)kB used out of 896kB.
4) Load only your Arps back to the MOXF.
5) Check sequencer memory usage again. If the used amount has increased, by how much?

Please let us know what you find, if you do this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2017 @ 09:57 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

When Clearing all data in Pattern mode on the MOXF, Pattern # and Section should each be set to All as well as having Clear Pattern Chain box checked. Pressing Enter twice seals the deal.

After performing a Factory Set you can create an All Arpeggio file which will create an Arp file with no data. Handy for the future if need be. Having an All File after a Factory Set is handy as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 01:46 AM
blafot
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi.
After a night sleep I decided to delete the last song for the evening and load the one I have not loaded left.
Then I han delete the first and load the last in a break in the middle of the show.
After the show is done I Will try to clean Up the memory.
I report the resultat here later.
Im also going to take a backup using melas librarian software.
Thanx
/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2017 @ 05:30 AM
blafot
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi.
Well. I did clear all songs and all patterns. Then the used memory was only 4 KB with the arps loaded so it seems that the arps do not use seq memory.

I loaded One song at the time to seq to get the right setlist but did not have memory for all. I have One File with set 1-2 and One for set 3.
Thats ok. I have 15 minuters to load a new File.

One question.

Usb-stick has a maximum Times write value egen they start not to work, I have Read that it is around 10000 Times… Is there a problem with the moxf flash, internal flash, loafing and saving a lot of Times every Day? Will internal memory start to malfunction in some year, because I load new sets from usb every Day?

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arpeggios
Next Topic:

Transpose in Song mode and Measure while recording ››